Watchman in 13.5 evo?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Today I was considering the stocking in my fluval evo. I have a pair of clowns, but would like a shrimpgoby as well. One of my dream fish was the Hi Fin Banded Goby. However, the combination of being difficult to find and the compatibility in my tank made me decide I will need a different goby. The main reason is that I have a tiger pistol shrimp, and I fear that a stonogobiops is to small and timid for a larger shrimp. So I decided a watchman is a better option. Anyone with experience—are watchman gobies good for a tank my size? Also, I don’t really care for the appearance of yellow watchmans and want something a bit more flashy in color. I really like the tiger watchman goby, but don’t know if they’re shrimp gobies. Are they?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't recommend any more fish for a tank that size. Usually clowns should be in a 20. Watchman should have a 30

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its fine given that the watchmen only use a tiny spot in the tank where the clowns won't go.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a diamond in my Evo. The sand bed really provides too small an area to provide sustenance for the fish, so I spot feed it with, well, everything, and soak pellets in selcon for it as well. It's fattened up quite nicely (the reason I put it in the Evo), but it will eventually be moved to my IM 40.

iMi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is exactly what I have in my tank. It's only a 10 gallon. Two clowns and a watchman, but that's it. Have been hunting for a pistol shrimp but they are hard to find right now.

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys think a stonogobiops would be alright with a tiger shrimp or is it best to go with something larger. Also are the tiger watchman known to be shrimp gobies or not? I really like their color and patterning,

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys think a stonogobiops would be alright with a tiger shrimp or is it best to go with something larger. Also are the tiger watchman known to be shrimp gobies or not? I really like their color and patterning,

I think it would be fine. Tiger gobies are not watchmen style gobies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back