Watchman in 13.5 evo?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2020
Messages
11,641
Reaction score
13,157
Location
New Jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Today I was considering the stocking in my fluval evo. I have a pair of clowns, but would like a shrimpgoby as well. One of my dream fish was the Hi Fin Banded Goby. However, the combination of being difficult to find and the compatibility in my tank made me decide I will need a different goby. The main reason is that I have a tiger pistol shrimp, and I fear that a stonogobiops is to small and timid for a larger shrimp. So I decided a watchman is a better option. Anyone with experience—are watchman gobies good for a tank my size? Also, I don’t really care for the appearance of yellow watchmans and want something a bit more flashy in color. I really like the tiger watchman goby, but don’t know if they’re shrimp gobies. Are they?
 
I wouldn't recommend any more fish for a tank that size. Usually clowns should be in a 20. Watchman should have a 30
 
Clowns are really tiny and I have intentions on upgrading when the time comes....
 
I think its fine given that the watchmen only use a tiny spot in the tank where the clowns won't go.
 
I have a diamond in my Evo. The sand bed really provides too small an area to provide sustenance for the fish, so I spot feed it with, well, everything, and soak pellets in selcon for it as well. It's fattened up quite nicely (the reason I put it in the Evo), but it will eventually be moved to my IM 40.
 
I have a watchman in my 13.5 gal. He's good in his tank and he only uses 1 spot.
 
That is exactly what I have in my tank. It's only a 10 gallon. Two clowns and a watchman, but that's it. Have been hunting for a pistol shrimp but they are hard to find right now.
 
Do you guys think a stonogobiops would be alright with a tiger shrimp or is it best to go with something larger. Also are the tiger watchman known to be shrimp gobies or not? I really like their color and patterning,
 
Do you guys think a stonogobiops would be alright with a tiger shrimp or is it best to go with something larger. Also are the tiger watchman known to be shrimp gobies or not? I really like their color and patterning,

I think it would be fine. Tiger gobies are not watchmen style gobies.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new