Watchmen goby question

ThunderGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been about six months since I added a watchman goby to my tank that has a candy stripe pistol shrimp and they haven't paired up. I was really looking forward to seeing their interactions. Do you think if I added another pistol shrimp it might pair with the goby or would the pistols fight? Or is it the goby that's the issue and I should consider a second goby? Tank is 55 gallons in display.

Thanks.

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's been about six months since I added a watchman goby to my tank that has a candy stripe pistol shrimp and they haven't paired up. I was really looking forward to seeing their interactions. Do you think if I added another pistol shrimp it might pair with the goby or would the pistols fight? Or is it the goby that's the issue and I should consider a second goby? Tank is 55 gallons in display.

Thanks.
Grab a 2nd Goby [emoji847]
I currently have
• 1 Yasha Goby paired with a pistol
• 1 Neon Blue Goby
• 1 Greenbanded Goby

Baldguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks.
I had exactly the same thing happen. Candy stripe went one way the watchman the other. A few months later I added a tiger pistol. The tiger and the watchman hooked up within minutes. I still catch a glimpe of the candy stripe every once in a while. I have a 120g, candy stripe on one half and tiger/watchman on the other. No problems.

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had exactly the same thing happen. Candy stripe went one way the watchman the other. A few months later I added a tiger pistol. The tiger and the watchman hooked up within minutes. I still catch a glimpe of the candy stripe every once in a while. I have a 120g, candy stripe on one half and tiger/watchman on the other. No problems.
Do you get much sand in the water column or sand stacking on your corals that sit in your sand? My Candy stripe does not create those problems in my tank thankfully.

Baldguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you get much sand in the water column or sand stacking on your corals that sit in your sand? My Candy stripe does not create those problems in my tank thankfully.
My candy stripe never comes out from under his rock. No mess no sand. The tiger is out most of the time and does create a mess. I've moved all coral on the sand bed to the other side of the tank. I actually like that he stirs the sand so much. That's a plus. And I like seeing the behavior between shrimp and goby. Cracks me up when the tiger just pushes the watchman out of the way. Like an old married couple. Watchman has the perpetual grumpy look. Love it!!

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_20171228_170053293.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back