water change amount

  • Thread starter Thread starter hoot214
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hoot214

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 8, 2009
Messages
119
Reaction score
0
Location
fort lauderdale
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanting some opinions on what people think. I have a 93 gal cube and I usually do a water change of 20-25 gal every 2 weeks. I have 8 fish 2 sps pieces, acans, mostly zoos due to pure addiction and multiple euphylia . Is my water change amount overkill.
 
Skimmer yes doser no(currently saving for one and open to recommendations on a good one that won't cost an arm and leg), but I'm hand dosing and testing regularly, never had any problems with levels dropping, mine are staying constant
 
Skimmer yes doser no(currently saving for one and open to recommendations on a good one that won't cost an arm and leg), but I'm hand dosing and testing regularly, never had any problems with levels dropping, mine are staying constant
 
My system is roughly 50 actual gallons and I change 5 gallons a week. Generally its better to do smaller water changes more frequently then to do large changes which could cause the tank params to swing dramatically.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new