Water change water question

jpfaubel123

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 11, 2013
Messages
985
Reaction score
6
Location
fort myers florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always wondered this, but when I mix my saltwater ahead of time and mix extra for later on down the road. Question is does the water I leave extra start to cycle eventually over a period of time and when I use that water am I in turn adding cycling water to my tank? Thanks

John
 
Best to use salt fresh-mixed, btw. Vitamins degrade within days...

-Matt
 
Thank you. Usually just leftover water I didn't use in a water change that I didn't wanna dump out and let sit for at most 2 weeks.
 
I learned to just use fresh water. Trying to keep storred water usually always became contaminated in my case.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new