Water changer from 30 years ago

Rick.Briggs

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2016
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once had a water changer that had a small water line that sprayed water along with pulling water out a larger hose at the same time. Had a cartridge dechlorinator attached to the water hose. Worked great on my 150 cichlid tank. It gradually changed the water. Depending on ground water temp and how many heaters dictated how long you could run it. Does anybody remember these? Wish I had another
 
I don't know about that, but the Genesis Renew, Neptune DOS, and a dual-head Masterflex pump are three options available today.
 
I once had a water changer that had a small water line that sprayed water along with pulling water out a larger hose at the same time. Had a cartridge dechlorinator attached to the water hose. Worked great on my 150 cichlid tank. It gradually changed the water. Depending on ground water temp and how many heaters dictated how long you could run it. Does anybody remember these? Wish I had another

Aquarium products made units like that called "Automatic water changer" small inlet with screened outlet driven by venturi effect. It consisted of one drain line and a pressurized in coming water line. I have one in the shop that has 8 heads attached to the manifold. Never used it but sold many off this demo unit.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new