Water changer RODI

tyler2k2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I was just wondering if I got something like the python no spill clean n fill is there anyway that I can use it with a direct RODI water source. Like when I get done pulling the water out of the tank and want to refill it rodi water goes through the water changer straight from the source/faucet and into the tank.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I was just wondering if I got something like the python no spill clean n fill is there anyway that I can use it with a direct RODI water source. Like when I get done pulling the water out of the tank and want to refill it rodi water goes through the water changer straight from the source/faucet and into the tank.
I don't think most residential grade RODI systems would be able to kill up - not unless you have a large pressurized tank. I'm also not sure how many gallons we're talking about here for a water change.

OP
OP
T

tyler2k2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think most residential grade RODI systems would be able to kill up - not unless you have a large pressurized tank. I'm also not sure how many gallons we're talking about here for a water change.
It would just be a normal weekly water change of about 20% which on my tank is about 21 gallons.

OP
OP
T

tyler2k2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are you asking about going straight from the rodi into the tank for a water change? If so when would you mix the salt in?
Well, this oddly enough isn’t for a salt tank, it’s for my cichlid tank.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back