Water Flow? (IceCap 2K Users)

Arawk408

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to find the right pattern to get a nice wave/sine flow with the Ice Cap 2K.. The default settings don't seem to be cutting it.

Anybody have Ice Cap 2K's and got a nice pattern going? Or should I Just dump these and buy another type of power head? (recommendations)

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to find the right pattern to get a nice wave/sine flow with the Ice Cap 2K.. The default settings don't seem to be cutting it.

Anybody have Ice Cap 2K's and got a nice pattern going? Or should I Just dump these and buy another type of power head? (recommendations)
I've got 2 IceCap 4Ks that I run less than 50% power so like 2Ks and use same controller and software as 2Ks. I had to wipe my iPad last week, so my controllers should still be following whatever pattern my sofware configuration I tweaked. I hated initial setup of the IceCaps, so I haven't yet re-setup my iPad Hydros software and therefore unable to give you my configuration.

Perhaps you might share more details since every tank is going to be different as every size and aquascape and most goals are all different...

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny as it might sound, but if you add a second Icecap 2K (don’t they run about $109), you might have more options; such as placing one high and one low, one horizontally and one vertically, or making wave patterns that collide.

OP
OP
A

Arawk408

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 currently... Idk man I'm just not happy with them lol.. I feel like I wasted money on 2 w/the wifi controller because I have to run them so low? I want that nice "PULSE" flow but I can't seem to get it with these

OP
OP
A

Arawk408

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got 2 IceCap 4Ks that I run less than 50% power so like 2Ks and use same controller and software as 2Ks. I had to wipe my iPad last week, so my controllers should still be following whatever pattern my sofware configuration I tweaked. I hated initial setup of the IceCaps, so I haven't yet re-setup my iPad Hydros software and therefore unable to give you my configuration.

Perhaps you might share more details since every tank is going to be different as every size and aquascape and most goals are all different...
Last night I made a new profile b/c I was trying to figure out how to get a nice pulse effect.. I went to bed and didn't mess with it any further but this is what my profile looks right now

My tank is a 75G (48' long) and my aquascape is just a back rock wall.. (thinking of buying some 24' arches and changing the scape a bit)

Attachments

• 6.png
    6.png
    348.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 7.png
    7.png
    341.8 KB · Views: 52

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've also got a 4' LPS tank. I recently changed to the following profile and the all the corals seem to really like it.
Screenshot_20210817-124221.png

Screenshot_20210817-124242.png

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention mine are on either side about 2 1/2" from the top pointing straight across the surface.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back