Water in mouth

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Harmless at small quantity and delicious if you Vodka dose.
As I tell those who have asked me same question, grab mouthwash and of all concerns " You swallowed your pride" !!! LOL Pride and joy shall I say?

LAWG8R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem! However, once upon a time my dad was fly fishing in Idaho, the RV park manager came around telling the residents to keep an ear out for strange noises outside the RV. Some teens were going around siphoning gas from RVs in the middle of the night. Sure enough; dad heard something outside and went to investigate. He found a guy laying next to the RV puking his guts out! Sherrifs came but my dad declined to press charges! He figured that since the dumb kid had put the hose IN THE SEPTIC TANK instead of the gas tank. Point being, you got off easy!
( sorry but I’m always looking for the opportunity to tell this story)
I'M DYING! Too funny!

LAWG8R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a bacteriologist, and I agree that it is mostly harmless. I'm sure we've all swallowed water at the beach. My bigger worry would be if you happen to have cuts or things like canker sores in your mouth. Again, highly unlikely you'll get an infection in an open wound, but be aware of anything puffing up in your mouth.

c2l2parker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re probably a goner. Haha

Don’t put your water under a microscope after drinking some. That would freak you out for sure.
A while back, someone posted a video of our saltwater under a microscope. It looked like something from a horror movie. Ever since then I have found other ways to start my siphon!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back