Water level on rimless wb 130.4

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a waterbox 130.4. I feel the waterline is kind of high? The overflow is built the way it's built but I feel my water line looks risky.

Is there a way to make it lower.. would it be slow my return pump down? I'm using my Cor20 pump on slightly over half. Or maybe little more.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is right at the waterbox logo in glass.

Only 3/4" from top
IMG_20200519_220853.jpg

Jason Mcdowell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank. I know what you are feeling. But after a couple years of running it it never have been a problem. I’m running the cor15 100%. With maxpect gyers sometimes Briefly running 100%

Jason Mcdowell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank. I know what you are feeling. But after a couple years of running it it never have been a problem. I’m running the cor15 100%. With maxpect gyers sometimes Briefly running 100%

The only thing I would be careful about it making waves in your tank. I tried it and it was way too close to comfort. So I use other flow patterns.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I would be careful about it making waves in your tank. I tried it and it was way too close to comfort. So I use other flow patterns.
My tunze powerheads are lower than I kinda want because when they kick on my Clearview.lid.gets begged with water cause it causes a wave as it kicks on. But doesn't go over the edge. Cor15. 1000gph. Where is your waterline. Can u measure when u have time

billwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, lowering your return flow would lower the water line, but at the expense of slightly noisier drain

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question is. I have. Cor20. How much is plenty of flow in the waterbox sump. Just have a skimmer and a manifold pump in skimmer section for carbon and uv. But I'm assuming 1000gph would be plenty???? So max 50%?

billwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd just have to adapt my spear valve to solve that
That would make your water level go back to where it was. That balance point is what sets the water level in the sump, in the tank, and the noise between.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just took my for 20 and went to the lowest and pressed it 8 times as it has 16 settings. Closed my drain ball valve to get the overflow box about 1/2" from emergency drain and wow. Sump is so much quieter. The waterline in display dropped about 1/4 inch. I wonder if this will solve my micro bubble problem. Even skimmer off I was getting bubbles I think it was overflow to fast. So now I'm estimated 1000gph

DeeBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just took my for 20 and went to the lowest and pressed it 8 times as it has 16 settings. Closed my drain ball valve to get the overflow box about 1/2" from emergency drain and wow. Sump is so much quieter. The waterline in display dropped about 1/4 inch. I wonder if this will solve my micro bubble problem. Even skimmer off I was getting bubbles I think it was overflow to fast. So now I'm estimated 1000gph

Slowing the pump flow should solve a lot of your issues. My 130.4 water level sits at 1" on the nose and I don't have bubbles in the sump.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back