Water mixing station question

svester

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 2 65 gallon containers one for RO and other for saltwater.
my question is, we’re do I install the float switches at.
I already installed the float valve, but want to run float switches to an apex breakout box.
should I run 2 switches on both containers?

CECE6D21-B407-4DE7-814A-F914EB683972.jpeg

Justbecause4js

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it all depends on what you are trying to use the float switches for. Depends on what you what it to alert you on.

laezur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have all this elaborate plumbing and stuff, I’ll be able to just stick a heater and a power head in a bucket and mix some salt in there and leave it 24 hours right?

Daveobrien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have effectively the same mixing station setup. I have two apex optical sensors (with magnetic mounts) on each tank. I use them as safety overrides.

One near the bottom. Acts as a Fill Me Up sensor - and an override to forcibly turn off the heater in the tank. (each tank has it's own Apex temp sensor and heater - they're in my garage).

The other as high as I could place it. Acts as a Too-Full sensor - and an override to forcibly turn off either the RO Unit (on the RO tank) or the Fill Pump (on the salt tank)

BTW, these aren't perfect. I need to tooth brush them every time I do maintenance in the tank. And I really like them magnetic, so I can remove them easily when I take the tanks into the yard for the once a year thorough cleaning. I like to move them to the back deck. Temporarily plug output bulk head. Fill with garden hose, add a gallon of pool acid, wait an hour, dump/rinse/dump/rinse/dump/rinse. Removes all traces of salt/bio junk.

OP
OP
svester

svester

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have effectively the same mixing station setup. I have two apex optical sensors (with magnetic mounts) on each tank. I use them as safety overrides.

One near the bottom. Acts as a Fill Me Up sensor - and an override to forcibly turn off the heater in the tank. (each tank has it's own Apex temp sensor and heater - they're in my garage).

The other as high as I could place it. Acts as a Too-Full sensor - and an override to forcibly turn off either the RO Unit (on the RO tank) or the Fill Pump (on the salt tank)

BTW, these aren't perfect. I need to tooth brush them every time I do maintenance in the tank. And I really like them magnetic, so I can remove them easily when I take the tanks into the yard for the once a year thorough cleaning. I like to move them to the back deck. Temporarily plug output bulk head. Fill with garden hose, add a gallon of pool acid, wait an hour, dump/rinse/dump/rinse/dump/rinse. Removes all traces of salt/bio junk.
Do u also run a float valve or no. I have one installed, im debating on running the top sensor just below it or beside it.

Daveobrien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my tanks from Norwesco. Shipping will kill you, so look for a tank from a location you can drive to and Will-Call it. My pickup was in WA.

One suggestion. If you order from the factory, order "with outlet fitting installed." (That's the bulk head fitting) Darn tank is big enough there is no way I could get an arm to the bottom to tighten the fitting. Really glad it came installed!

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the Tunze water controller in my RO vat siliconed on the inside top and bottom. You could do the same with the Apex. I was planning to run those as backup but haven't gotten around to it. I have nothing currently in the salt vat as I fill that by turning the valves manually.

20201030_234627.jpg

Back