Water Murky

Clawfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I have a 65 gallon reef tank, cycled about 15 weeks but noticed about once a week for a day or two the water will get “milky”. I added a photo of my sump, reef octo 110sss skimmer and sock/heater in chamber 1, marine pure block and chateo in 2, one of the three noodle bubble trap i left the, i have 11oz bag of chemi pure blue, purigen and just now added a bag of carbon to help clear it up. Will the carbon help?

chamber 3 is return pump, ato and green killing machine 9watt

thanks all!

EDIT: I don’t want to run the uv too much since the tank is still maturing. water changes are 15 gallons every two weeks but the milky/murky water seems to be at random

34655E94-1F15-4189-98AE-B1128794D1A2.jpeg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like some kind of bloom. Does it coincide with any specific food or dosing around that time?

OP
OP
Clawfish

Clawfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like some kind of bloom. Does it coincide with any specific food or dosing around that time?
Not really I did have phosphates around 3ppm yesterday so i dosed a little phosguard. was clear until around 10am today today they’re around 1.8ppm and haven’t added anymore

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds really high or am I misreading the numbers? Most try for .03 or less.

OP
OP
Clawfish

Clawfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds really high or am I misreading the numbers? Most try for .03 or less.
they have kind of stuck around there last week that’s why i got phosguard. i have just a pair of clowns now but it’s weird that now it’s getting cloudy and the phosphates are dropping, unless i’m missing something.

I’ll keep up with the phosguard. should i run the uv? i changed 15 gallons this am but it was few hours after it for murky

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back