Water Storage Delima

ThePriceSeliger

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 12, 2014
Messages
306
Reaction score
62
Location
Denver, CO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have pretty limited room in my water making station in my new apartment, and am left with few options for water storage. I've found a 45g vertical but the 18" diameter is limiting my room even more. I would like to find something that's 16" or 14" capable of holding up to 45g, I'd settle for less but I wanted to be on the safe side. Here is what I found, it's a little on the pricey side for sure. 40 Gallon Vertical Closed Head Tank* 18" x 43" | U.S. Plastic Corp.

Any ideas?
 
Yea, those are great!! Bout the only thing that comes to mind when your talking about an odd shape holding tank.
 
I have pretty limited room in my water making station in my new apartment, and am left with few options for water storage. I've found a 45g vertical but the 18" diameter is limiting my room even more. I would like to find something that's 16" or 14" capable of holding up to 45g, I'd settle for less but I wanted to be on the safe side. Here is what I found, it's a little on the pricey side for sure. 40 Gallon Vertical Closed Head Tank* 18" x 43" | U.S. Plastic Corp.

Any ideas?

That's probably as good as it's going to get with a small footprint. I only keep around 20 gallons of saltwater on hand and about 7 gallons of RO aside from what's in my topoff container. I use a brute can though and stash it in my laundry room where I make water.
 
How big is your tank? I have a 75gal and 30gal tank and I only keep 10 to 15gal of RO on hand. I just use the 5gal jugs from the LFS for storage. I will fill of 4 jugs if I'm planning a water change.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new