Water storage

  • Thread starter Thread starter rjbesch
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rjbesch

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2011
Messages
167
Reaction score
2
Location
hartsville, sc
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using brute cans and my setup is fine but I wanted another barrel for mixing water. I received a 30 gallon drum from a lady at church who works for coke. The barrel had concentrate in it and I can't seem to get the smell of the sprite out. Any ideas? I have been soaking in water and refilling every day with little luck
 
Try using Vinegar mixed with water to get the smell and left over residue out. Brute trash cans are what I've always used and never had any issues. Good luck with what ever you decide on.
 
Try using Vinegar mixed with water to get the smell and left over residue out. Brute trash cans are what I've always used and never had any issues. Good luck with what ever you decide on.

Thanks for the info everyone, I will toss some vinegar in there tonight. I have never had any issues with my brute cans I have now just wanted to add another container and the lady from church got me the barrel for free as opposed to me having to go spend the cash on another brute can, free is always better:tongue:
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new