Water tank testing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Griepp06
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Griepp06

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2021
Messages
134
Reaction score
60
Location
Minnesota
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought this 150 gallon water tank used and it was used to store filtered water in a business setting but unsure what they were making with that water. I have scrubbed and bleached and scrubbed some more. I just filtered 100 gallons and filled it to test for leaks with no issues. I want to leave it sitting for a week and then test the water. How can I test the water to make sure it is fully clean and no issues with this tank? Bring a sample to LFS or mail it for an ICP or what should I do? Just being extra careful.

IMG_4968.jpeg
 
I would fill it with RODI water and let it sit for a week. If there is no TDS detected after that time, I think it should be safe to use.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new