Water?

Wilkerson.reed

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2016
Messages
188
Reaction score
22
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so it snowed recently... I can't hook up my rodi unit to my sinks so I usually hook it up to the hose outside... Everything is frozen... I need water... Will prime work with tap water? Or will that add a bunch of stuff I don't want in the water that will cause algae?
 
As far my knowledge goes Prime inactivate the ammonia, chlorine and probably chloramine from your tap water. But it has no effect on phosphate so if your tap water is rich in phosphate then this will become a good source for algae growth. So if possible get some distilled water or wait for few days if water change is not absolutely necessary. If you really want to go with tap water then check phosphate level with your kit before and after adding prime.:)
 
Just curious why you can't hook the unit up to an indoor faucet?

They make an adapter that'll convert just about any kitchen or bathroom fauct to a garden-hose thread.
 
Just curious why you can't hook the unit up to an indoor faucet?

They make an adapter that'll convert just about any kitchen or bathroom fauct to a garden-hose thread.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1455154184.641647.jpg

It came with adapters and none of them go onto this... There's nothing it can attach to. They are screw on adapters and this is my bathroom faucet...
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1455154253.559606.jpg

Won't attach to that either...
 
U should be able to unscrew the part that looks rusty on the sink and a adapter should fit if not try the bathroom sink it should unscrew also
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new