Waterbox 10 Lighting

mpatient

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just pulled the trigger on a Waterbox 10. I have been working remotely from home since last March, my home office needs a tank. I have a 90 mixed in the living room (see build thread) and it is doing great, but need want to have something I can look at while at my desk. This will be a little mixed reef, but I want to take a stab at some beginner SPS (Monti/ Bird's nest).

The tank is only 13.8"×14.2"×13.8" so I am hoping the Kessel Tuna Blue A80 will suffice. I kind of feel the A160 is overkill. Does any one have success with coral growth on a nano with the A80?

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the A80 on my Evo for a while and it grew monti cap pretty well higher in the tank. Eventually upgraded to AI Prime for more controllability and color options
Oh I was debating between A80 and AI prime haha!

nneeeco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just pulled the trigger on a Waterbox 10. I have been working remotely from home since last March, my home office needs a tank. I have a 90 mixed in the living room (see build thread) and it is doing great, but need want to have something I can look at while at my desk. This will be a little mixed reef, but I want to take a stab at some beginner SPS (Monti/ Bird's nest).

The tank is only 13.8"×14.2"×13.8" so I am hoping the Kessel Tuna Blue A80 will suffice. I kind of feel the A160 is overkill. Does any one have success with coral growth on a nano with the A80?
After having my AI Prime the last 3 months, I feel like the A160 is the better choice here for you. I was considering the A80/A160 as well but ultimately went with the Prime after watching BRS Tv lighting series. The A80 will still grow corals and probably do well with lower light types but I’d spend a little extra and get the A160 for what you want to keep and have the peace of mind. Plus it looks nicer imo :)

MarkyMark_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After having my AI Prime the last 3 months, I feel like the A160 is the better choice here for you. I was considering the A80/A160 as well but ultimately went with the Prime after watching BRS Tv lighting series. The A80 will still grow corals and probably do well with lower light types but I’d spend a little extra and get the A160 for what you want to keep and have the peace of mind. Plus it looks nicer imo :)
I'm curious, why is it that you dont recommend the AI Prime?

nneeeco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious, why is it that you dont recommend the AI Prime?
In the OP they were asking about Kessil lights. I’d definitely recommend the Prime just because of the ease of use alone, but I’m not gonna push someone in a direction they aren’t interested in going :)

OP
OP
mpatient

mpatient

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Should have gone with my gut, but I got the Tuna Blue A80. It's now for sale on Marketplace. :)

Its a great light, and made my tank looked gorgeous, but I just don't want to be limited. The Kessil A160 is on the way.If my coral population gets too crowded, I can upgrade to a 20g and use the same light. thanks for your input!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back