Waterbox 105.4 Frag Tank :-)

Sgchick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick Hello...I've been a member since 2013 when I set up a 29 biocube that remained for 6 years. Lot's of trial and error for sure. It was a fun tank, but with retiring and moving, I sold everything, including an Apex, thinking I wouldn't be able to have another tank. Long story...longer...hahaha. I am settled now in my new place and decided I really missed my saltwater tank. I do have a small planted tank that's been set up for 4 months. So today my Waterbox arrives, along with the rock, pumps, and almost everything else I need. Unfortunately I just found out that the return pump isn't with the shipment...so it will be a long build as I am just me, myself and I and will have to rely on some help from family etc to get it moved inside and set up. Also, it will be my first sump and I have to say...I'm just a little nervous about that...wish me luck..I'm sure I'll have many questions. A pic of my fav wrasse from my biocube!
BBB9A200-C3AD-4071-8EE4-EDD4DF358AB1.jpeg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the retirement! External sumps are great - they give you so much flexibility with filtration and equipment. It may seem daunting at first, but once you get it all setup you'll love it.

OP
OP
Sgchick

Sgchick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the retirement! External sumps are great - they give you so much flexibility with filtration and equipment. It may seem daunting at first, but once you get it all setup you'll love it.
Thanks! That's what everyone tells me :)

OP
OP
Sgchick

Sgchick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And my Waterbox arrived!! The Fedex Freight driver was awesome and called 30 minutes before arriving to make sure I was there. Once unloaded off the truck, he wheeled my load down a fairly steep driveway into my garage. One part of the pallet was crushed and I was worried it might have affected the tank, so the driver helped me uncrate and inspect everything. What service!!! Of course it might have helped that I mentioned I had worked for Fedex Express for 24 years...lol..I have a lot of parts and pieces to get together starting with the cabinet. :)

Attachments

• tempImagemnNaCm.png
    tempImagemnNaCm.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 146
  • 18EF5E65-E6FD-4E59-BB09-F9920A7B55B9.jpeg
    18EF5E65-E6FD-4E59-BB09-F9920A7B55B9.jpeg
    166.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 17C4EE13-E033-4ADF-B8B7-73AC7AFB39C8.jpeg
    17C4EE13-E033-4ADF-B8B7-73AC7AFB39C8.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 105
  • tempImageeNVEdk.png
    tempImageeNVEdk.png
    1 MB · Views: 98
  • tempImageEBA4hG.png
    tempImageEBA4hG.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 145
OP
OP
Sgchick

Sgchick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello - When did you order your Frag 105.4? I ordered mine on 11/12 and have yet to hear anything from Waterbox. Which return pump did you purchase?
I ordered mine on the 6th of November. It said everything was in stock and would ship within three days...NOT.!! I called on the 16th and they assured me they would ship between the 16th and the 25th as they were very backed up with the big sale. I was notified it shipped on the 22nd and arrived today. I ordered the vectra S2 return pump which supposedly was in stock, but it wasn't so I'm still waiting on that piece. :-( I would call and ask when they expect to ship it.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Playing around with the aquascape....definitely not my forte! haha. I'm sure I'll be moving it around some.
Nice! I think I'd take the one piece out that sticks out toward the front-coming from left side to make 2 separate scapes and use that piece on the left (instead of small rock). Just shift it over toward the left a few inches. Hard to tell. One tip: when you do your pics, insert at full size. You can still click them to make them a bit smaller. Easier for us to see your pic. Same with above pics. Some folk won't click on them to see them bigger and you want everyone to drool over your tank ;)

So excited for you

OP
OP
Sgchick

Sgchick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I think I'd take the one piece out that sticks out toward the front-coming from left side to make 2 separate scapes and use that piece on the left (instead of small rock). Just shift it over toward the left a few inches. Hard to tell. One tip: when you do your pics, insert at full size. You can still click them to make them a bit smaller. Easier for us to see your pic. Same with above pics. Some folk won't click on them to see them bigger and you want everyone to drool over your tank ;)

So excited for you
Thanks for the tips Susan. I've already changed the scape a little...lol...that small rock isn't even supposed to be in there..haha. I'll see if I can post full size pics. :)

dcal1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And my Waterbox arrived!! The Fedex Freight driver was awesome and called 30 minutes before arriving to make sure I was there. Once unloaded off the truck, he wheeled my load down a fairly steep driveway into my garage. One part of the pallet was crushed and I was worried it might have affected the tank, so the driver helped me uncrate and inspect everything. What service!!! Of course it might have helped that I mentioned I had worked for Fedex Express for 24 years...lol..I have a lot of parts and pieces to get together starting with the cabinet. :)
Exciting!!! Can't wait to see the build.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
how quickly are they going to get you the feet ?... :rolleyes: :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back