OP
OP
jramy123

jramy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little Update, week with cuc and seems to be enough for them to eat. They are all over the tank, even found some cleaning the back chambers :S I plan on heading to Blue Planet Aquarium and 7 Seas Aquarium tomorrow to pick up some clowns here in Fresno. If I can find it, I still have a credit from selling my fishies back to Ultimate Aquarium in visalia so make check out that place too. Kind of excited lol

DirkCourage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little Update, week with cuc and seems to be enough for them to eat. They are all over the tank, even found some cleaning the back chambers :S I plan on heading to Blue Planet Aquarium and 7 Seas Aquarium tomorrow to pick up some clowns here in Fresno. If I can find it, I still have a credit from selling my fishies back to Ultimate Aquarium in visalia so make check out that place too. Kind of excited lol
Looking good! Definitely time to get some fish going in there!

OP
OP
jramy123

jramy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went and looked around and found a nice pair of clownies and a cleaner shrimp today. First tank inhabitants acclimated and swimming about nicely

Attachments

• 20210220_134916.jpg
    20210220_134916.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 20210220_135354.jpg
    20210220_135354.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 93

John Bolden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went and looked around and found a nice pair of clownies and a cleaner shrimp today. First tank inhabitants acclimated and swimming about nicely

So it's only 2 months old but I got lucky on an upgrade from local reefer. He was selling 3 ui prime hds. Picked one up not even year old still had warranty for 175 with hanging arm. The tank looks lot Sexier now lol.

20210223_193139.jpg jealous :s :p

OP
OP
jramy123

jramy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im adding a second nero 3 today. i’m thinking the same, do i need it? no but i want that back and forth motion
Hey curious what happened with second nero 3? I am finding my gyres are just too much even at lowest setting. I added a green bta and he will not come out hes is deep in the rockwork lol. With 2 neros do u have corals or anything? Do ur fish swim ok? My clowns and shrimp just hang in a corner. Im thinking(dont want to) of getting a nero 3 or 5. what are your thoughts ?

cmmatxh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey curious what happened with second nero 3? I am finding my gyres are just too much even at lowest setting. I added a green bta and he will not come out hes is deep in the rockwork lol. With 2 neros do u have corals or anything? Do ur fish swim ok? My clowns and shrimp just hang in a corner. Im thinking(dont want to) of getting a nero 3 or 5. what are your thoughts ?
1 nero 3 is enough imo but now that i think of it 2 is better. before i would have just one in the back panel and it was set too high where the fish would just be on the bottom of the tank and now it’s more gentle but the flow is coming from 2 different directions and they swim all over the tank.

cmmatxh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 nero 3 is enough imo but now that i think of it 2 is better. before i would have just one in the back panel and it was set too high where the fish would just be on the bottom of the tank and now it’s more gentle but the flow is coming from 2 different directions and they swim all over the tank.
i also have a bta and it’s fine with the flow, actually it moved when i put the second nero in the tank. when i had only one it was in a spot where it wasn’t really visible. now it’s right in front of the rocks

Attachments

• BC51D0ED-CF60-4201-9AB4-DED83026B532.jpeg
    BC51D0ED-CF60-4201-9AB4-DED83026B532.jpeg
    254.2 KB · Views: 99
OP
OP
jramy123

jramy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i also have a bta and it’s fine with the flow, actually it moved when i put the second nero in the tank. when i had only one it was in a spot where it wasn’t really visible. now it’s right in front of the rocks
Cool that's why I asked just got a green bta and he's kinda hiding out. I turned off second gyre altogether and he kinda came out. Ordered 2 neros so well see

OP
OP
jramy123

jramy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So feeling really lucky tonight. After reading about how random it is for clowns to host anemones I came in to feed my pair tonight and they were hosting my brand new bta not even a week being in the tank

Attachments

• 20210302_183318.mp4
    70.8 MB
OP
OP
jramy123

jramy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So got my neros in tank. What are u running max speed? I've noticed 30 percent on both is still a lot lol. My new moved a bit but is open and blowing in the flow.

OP
OP
jramy123

jramy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol sorry I been all over the place due to spring break and prepping for my students to come back on campus next week. Nothing really new. Flow is great with neros. Nem and clowns doing ok, skunk cleaner chilling, i did add a goby from a local reefer, i dont remember the exact name but it is long white with yellow and blue around the head. I am regretting it now as I was reading that they dont "eat" pods but they eat pods as they sift the sand lol. So my long term goal of a Mandarin goby that was already going to be tough wont come to pass till I either rehome this guy or get a new tank lol. Other than that nothing new just letting the tank mature :D I hope to see some wet tank shots on urs soon!

John Bolden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol sorry I been all over the place due to spring break and prepping for my students to come back on campus next week. Nothing really new. Flow is great with neros. Nem and clowns doing ok, skunk cleaner chilling, i did add a goby from a local reefer, i dont remember the exact name but it is long white with yellow and blue around the head. I am regretting it now as I was reading that they dont "eat" pods but they eat pods as they sift the sand lol. So my long term goal of a Mandarin goby that was already going to be tough wont come to pass till I either rehome this guy or get a new tank lol. Other than that nothing new just letting the tank mature :D I hope to see some wet tank shots on urs soon!
Good luck!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.1%
Back