OP
Wilson1985

Wilson1985

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's exactly what I was thinking. I hate to bombard you with questions but your setup is very similar to mine. I went with my heater in the second chamber as the third chamber was always lower with water.

I'd also recommend one of these:

Definitely makes the surface of the water much cleaner and gets rid of all the scum.

brrit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your wavemaker working out for you? I am considering the Jabeo SLW-10, but worried about some comments of not holding to thicker glass.

OP
OP
Wilson1985

Wilson1985

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your wavemaker working out for you? I am considering the Jabeo SLW-10, but worried about some comments of not holding to thicker glass.

I have just recently replaced my Jebao OW-10 with the AI Nero 5. The Jebao was great for the pricepoint and I had zero issues for the year I ran it. I still have it as a backup if I ever need it. The Nero provides more flow and a wider flow pattern. At higher intensities 60%+ it blows water out of my tank but i run it from 1-30%. I was having issues with dead spots and my plan was to use both the Nero and the Jebao, but the Nero results in flow pretty much everywhere in the tank. So far so good.

If you want a cheaper unit, I'd check out Jebao, and the OW series worked for me. There seems to be other stories where they die quickly, but mine held up fine and I was rinsing it in vinegar etc.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really was tempted when i bought my xf250s to go with the nero 5 instead. But i get cold feet with newer products. Rather wait a while to see reviews and experiences, bugs that may pop up with the design etc..

Good to see they are working well for you. So sleek and quiet. Definitely considering them for the next build.

OP
OP
Wilson1985

Wilson1985

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks,

been quite a while since I've updated this. Tank is still going, it's had its up and downs but things have grown quite a bit!

UNIK4710.JPEG
XKVA6586.jpg

Zuma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, what a difference a year makes! Love the flameback. Looks like you added a skimmer? Curious which one you added as I'm setting up a WB 20 as well and considering getting a skimmer.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back