• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Waterbox 7226

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to be moving and I would like to sell the tank and build a new one at the new house. so yep you guess it upgrades lol!!
I would like the new build where I have the display tank and a frag tank plumbed into one sump so it will probably be a custom tank and not a tank like red sea or water box.

I need to get all the rock and livestock out of the tank and I'm planning on doing this on the weekend and start that process. I want to keep all the fish and coral for the new build.
I have posted some pics how it sits today. This sale is for the tank/stand/sump and SK5000 roller as the sump and plumbing have been modified to fit the roller. I do have the doors for it. I took them off as I had some rust on the hinges so I purchase all new hinges ($83 dollars) I just kinda liked the doors off so I never put them back on. So I have brand new unopened hinges with it.
I have a D&D DIY lid that will be included also.
I was thinking $2000 would be a fair price to move this somewhat fast, as you can see it is in the basement. I had to get a moving company with 4 guys to bring in down there so whoever buys it need to bring 4or 5 friends and it's not light lol.

20200728_192615.jpg 20200728_192557.jpg 20200729_184812.jpg

OP
OP
djray77

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There will be some yes I was just trying to do one step at a time. I was thinking once the tanks gone and the equipment is offline I can start selling some things.

texasreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is great deal I had 6025 which is same like this but little smaller I paid 3500 I am still nervous to put water in Because of stand

OP
OP
djray77

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is great deal I had 6025 which is same like this but little smaller I paid 3500 I am still nervous to put water in Because of stand
Thank you, I want to be fair and also move it fast so I hope I priced accordingly. A new 7225 is $4300 with no SK5000 or lid, and mine is an inch wider LOL!
The stands are amazing! you don't have to worry about that. Get that filled :)

OP
OP
djray77

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may get all new but its really depending on how much money I have leftover when I move. So it's hard to say at this point. I'm pretty sure the Vectra L1 and MP40's I will be selling.

Last edited:
OP
OP
djray77

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the roller included or no? If no, with out the roller how are socks used?
The Roller is included as the sump and plumbing had to be modified. The only way to use socks on it would be to buy a new sump and re-plumb it or if you are good with glass glue in the baffles back in but that would be tough.

OP
OP
djray77

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come on guys don't give me ridiculous offers lol! I won't name names but 2k for everything come on dude!

texasreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waterbox tank is amazing and 2k for that is a steal I recently purchased mine for same thing but little smaller and I paid 3500

tylr9m482

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wish you weren't so far, this is the exact tank I've been wanting to get!

GLWTS .. free bump!

MikeTheNewbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi DJRay77, can you share the contact of the movers you used? I live in Canton and would like to get an estimate to see if the price + moving still makes sense.
Thanks.

OP
OP
djray77

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi DJRay77, can you share the contact of the movers you used? I live in Canton and would like to get an estimate to see if the price + moving still makes sense.
Thanks.
I wish I remembered the name but I don't, I just called around the area until I found the cheapest or what I thought was fair. I think the most was $250 in the worst case. It wasn't a big name like two men and a truck else I would remember the name.

MikeTheNewbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I'll start calling.
BTW how many heaters/watts do you use to keep the temperature during winter?
I see you use an Apex (cool), how much water do you need to replace due to evappration?

OP
OP
djray77

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I'll start calling.
BTW how many heaters/watts do you use to keep the temperature during winter?
I see you use an Apex (cool), how much water do you need to replace due to evappration?
I have 3x Finnex 300watt heaters that do a great job.
My ATO container is a 44gal brute can, its my mixing station actually and I just dropped the Tunze pump in the freshwater and ran the RO tubing to the sump. So I'm not really sure on how much it evaporates.

OP
OP
djray77

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I'm bringing this back from the dead but I have had so much going on with buying a new house.
Anyway, I am looking to sell some fish and corals as I need to get this emptied out and ready to move.
PM with any interest in fish and corals and we can work something out. Local pick up in Holly 48442.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back