Waterbox Cube 10

anthonyh33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overview

After over a year of research and BRS/BRSTV videos on YouTube and reading the forum here at Reef2Reef, I’m feeling confident enough to start my journey into the saltwater hobby. I was also moving homes which lead to a delay lol.

I wanted to make sure I didn’t rush into it and fail. I know things can happen in this hobby that are unexpected, but nothing like being inexperienced and rushing into something like reefing.

Tank

I am a week into cycling my Waterbox Cube 10 aio aquarium.

Rock

Dry Rock

Sand

CaribSea live sand ( I believe it’s Bimini pink)

Flow

Fluval Sea Cp1 Flow machine ( may need to upgrade depending on coral

( a little less then 20 times turnover including the return pump)

Filtration

Currently the mechanical filtration is removed from the tank during the cycling process. But I plan on running filter floss or a filter sock in the left overflow compartment.

In the middle I have bio balls and a carbon media bag.

In the return pump compartment I have the Waterbox Cube 10 stock return pump (no problems so far ) along with a Marineland 100

watt heater.

May add a small nano skimmer down the line but not sure yet.

Light

I plan on purchasing a Reef Breeders Reef Nano Led light within the next couple of days.

ATO

A Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 Auto Top Off is in transit to my tank. I wanted something reliable and this had the best reviews. Will dial it down to a nano aquarium setting.

Maintenance

I currently top off my tank with distilled water every 1-2 days when needed. I’m moving within the year so and rodi unit will have to wait until then.

I get my saltwater from my LFS but plan to start mixing my own when I upgrade to a bigger tank.

Depending on the number of corals I add to the tank , I may look into dosing my tank.

I plan to do weekly 10-20% water changes to keep correct trace elements.

I have been testing my tank every other day for the first week. Im using the ATO saltwater Test kit, until I purchase Hanna, Red Sea and Nios test kids for different elements.

I’ve had an 8.2 PH , 0 ammonia Level , 0 nitrates and 0 nitrites 5 days into the cycle.

5 days into the cycle I decided ro use API quick start to speed up the cycle, tested it 24 hours and no much changed.

Will continue to test and post it on this thread.

I plan on adding

• a pair of clowns ( will be purchasing a baby pair and if the time comes where they need more room, I plan on upgrading)
  • A small goby or blenny suitable for a 10 gallon.
  • Clean up crew ( emerald crab, nassarius snail and turbo snail when needed)
  • Anemone will go in before other corals to try and make sure it finds it’s home, to avoid possibly stinging other corals a few months from now. I heard they like to move around until they find a spot they like.
  • Corals like zoas, blastos , toadstools, mushrooms and maybe a hammer (staying away from sps at the moment)

I may have missed some things that I wanted to include but I will post again if needed. Pictures to come in the next post.

Please feel free to ask questions or give me some suggestions!

Happy to be apart of this hobby!

Anthony H.

Last edited:
OP
OP
anthonyh33

anthonyh33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
18234174-E145-42AD-916F-BA7D724F5125.jpeg

OP
OP
anthonyh33

anthonyh33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered a lid specifically made for my aquarium the Waterbox Cube 10. It was made by @thekrakenreef on Instagram. Check him out he makes great products for a bunch of different size aquariums.
I also purchased a Filter floss cup that will fit my aquarium as well. Highly recommend checking his stuff out!

OP
OP
anthonyh33

anthonyh33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
14B77576-AB3B-4400-81D3-7E257E593F5B.jpeg

Picked up a couple diff tools to double check my heaters accuracy. Turns out the tank was a little warmer then I would have liked. Got it down to 78 now.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back