Waterbox Cube 20 setup

Pumpernickel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys :) I am about to get my first saltwater aquarium. I have some experience with freshwater and nano freshwater. Because it is my first I wanted to ask you about my planned setup and if you have any better ideas or additions.

Tank
Waterbox Cube 20
Equipment
AI Prime HD (would prefer a cheaper one)
Sicce 1.0 return pump
Hydor Koralia Nano
100w heater
inTank Media Basket (Carbon, bio balls, filter floss)
I don't really know if I need a Skimmer. Some say yes and some no.
Planned stocking
Carib Sea Arag-Alife Bahamas Oolite
Mixed reef
Pair of Clowns
Lysmata amboinensis (shrimp)
Euphyllia glabrescens green tip (LPS)
blastomussa wellsi (LPS)
sarcophyton

Thanks in advance for helping me :)

Mhart032

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this setup exact setup actually minus the koraila, i had 2 mp10s from my last tank in storage so i used them. It was after a 10 yr hiatus of reefing to see if i really wanted to get back into it. it was a good system but i had major alk swings in this tank. I to used the caribsea sand, wish i had not, the tropic eden is much better and heavier and wont blow around as much, its a better option in my mind. i use it on my 115gal so glad i did. I did use a skimmer, i used a tunze 9001 modified so the magnet would fit in the second chamber. used the tunze nano auto top off with a 3 gal ato container. worked well. its a good tank.

MrD1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Sorry to jump onto this thread and being so late but I’m also new to this hobby and got the same tank as you guys. I’ve also got skimmer as Mhart032 has but how did you modified it so the magnet attaches? As I’ve also placed it in the middle chamber but I can’t manage get that magnet to go on. Thank you in advance

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys :) I am about to get my first saltwater aquarium. I have some experience with freshwater and nano freshwater. Because it is my first I wanted to ask you about my planned setup and if you have any better ideas or additions.

Tank
Waterbox Cube 20
Equipment
AI Prime HD (would prefer a cheaper one)
Sicce 1.0 return pump
Hydor Koralia Nano
100w heater
inTank Media Basket (Carbon, bio balls, filter floss)
I don't really know if I need a Skimmer. Some say yes and some no.
Planned stocking
Carib Sea Arag-Alife Bahamas Oolite
Mixed reef
Pair of Clowns
Lysmata amboinensis (shrimp)
Euphyllia glabrescens green tip (LPS)
blastomussa wellsi (LPS)
sarcophyton

Thanks in advance for helping me :)
How many bags of sand did you use, I’m thinking one 20 pound bag should be enough?

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this setup exact setup actually minus the koraila, i had 2 mp10s from my last tank in storage so i used them. It was after a 10 yr hiatus of reefing to see if i really wanted to get back into it. it was a good system but i had major alk swings in this tank. I to used the caribsea sand, wish i had not, the tropic eden is much better and heavier and wont blow around as much, its a better option in my mind. i use it on my 115gal so glad i did. I did use a skimmer, i used a tunze 9001 modified so the magnet would fit in the second chamber. used the tunze nano auto top off with a 3 gal ato container. worked well. its a good tank.
I’ve got the same Skimmer. It’s in the middle section though

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back