Waterbox Cube 20 vs Fiji Cube 22.4

HouseCookie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All!

I am looking to get back into the hobby by purchasing ~20 gallon AIO cube. After doing some research, I've found a couple tanks that I really like the looks of, but would love some opinions from those that have experience with either brands from a tank and stand build quality perspective. Previously I had a 55 gallon corner tank with a external overflow and a small sump/refugium.

The two tanks I'm looking at are the Waterbox Cube 20 and the Fiji Cube 22.4

I have also looked at the RedSea Max Nano but would prefer to not have all components bundled together.

Thanks in advance!
-HC

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely go with the waterbox. I hated my Fiji cube because the design of the AIO was terrible.

OP
OP
HouseCookie

HouseCookie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the advice!

Has anyone had experience with either stand? Trying to decide if I should buy the one they offer to try to build my own/find another solution.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light post, I’m torn between water box 20 and the JBJ?

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All!

I am looking to get back into the hobby by purchasing ~20 gallon AIO cube. After doing some research, I've found a couple tanks that I really like the looks of, but would love some opinions from those that have experience with either brands from a tank and stand build quality perspective. Previously I had a 55 gallon corner tank with a external overflow and a small sump/refugium.

The two tanks I'm looking at are the Waterbox Cube 20 and the Fiji Cube 22.4

I have also looked at the RedSea Max Nano but would prefer to not have all components bundled together.

Thanks in advance!
-HC
What did you end up going with? It’s been back-and-forth between water box and JBJ for me until I saw this post I didn’t even know the Fiji existed

OP
OP
HouseCookie

HouseCookie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you end up going with? It’s been back-and-forth between water box and JBJ for me until I saw this post I didn’t even know the Fiji existed

I went with the Waterbox Cube 20. I never actually looked at the Fiji Cube or the JBJ, but I will say that I am happy with my decision to go Waterbox.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with the Waterbox Cube 20. I never actually looked at the Fiji Cube or the JBJ, but I will say that I am happy with my decision to go Waterbox.
Thank you! I think that’s the route I’m going to go everybody seems to love waterbox! I can’t find a negative review out there. Thanks again for your feedback I really appreciate it!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 125 66.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back