Waterbox Cube 20 - What's in your AIO sump?

513ReefGal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen numerous videos / opinions that say remove the filter sock and run floss or a 3 tier chamber in the intake.

I have seen some recommend a small refugium in the center with bio media.

My LFS today said use the sock and fill the center with bio media......

I am about to start my first nano reef. I want to get this off on the right foot so I am just looking for some trusted opinions or tried and true set ups to model off of. Thanks in advance!

Sharkattackmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just started up my girlfriends biocube 16. 1st chamber we have a protein skimmer and thermometer. 2nd chamber we have an Intank media basket. first compartment is filter floss, second is rowaphos and chemi clear blue nano(2 packets) and the last chamber is marine pure gems and chaeto. The third chamber is our heater and return pump.

obaptista

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just started up my girlfriends biocube 16. 1st chamber we have a protein skimmer and thermometer. 2nd chamber we have an Intank media basket. first compartment is filter floss, second is rowaphos and chemi clear blue nano(2 packets) and the last chamber is marine pure gems and chaeto. The third chamber is our heater and return pump.
Hello. I was lurking looking for answers for my 15AIO. I read your post. Careful with having the heater in the return chamber. Should your tank evaporate an unexpected amount or you pull volume in the form of media or a rock, the heater can burn up or glass ones can shatter.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back