Waterbox Cube 20

jramy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you are still cycling if you still have any trite and ammonia. This is the crucial time so dont freak if you have high nitrate. You are also going to have algae during this part and probably after cycle completes. It is called the ugly phase for a reason lol. Just remember, any ammonia and nitrite can be bad for inhabitants so try to shoot for 0 and 0 for those. Take it from someone who lost their first 3 fish to ammonia the first time I setup a tank(not this one luckily)

OP
OP
John Bolden

John Bolden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EMERGENCY: So my clown fish has been doing fine lately and has been acting healthy. so its not the cycle. But yesterday i was moving my light to clean it and the tank and the light power cord when in the tank! but the clown was fine until now. He is staying low and is hugging the back glass.

What do i do?

OP
OP
John Bolden

John Bolden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: But first I feel like I got off easy with my tank because I've had no issues at all with it. I had my tank cycled in 1 week and added a fish. Since then I've added many things for algae. When the algae did come it was minimal and was only here for 3 days. I added my first coral two weeks ago and since then when on vacation for a week I came back today. I totally thought my tank would be a mess from what I've heard about parasites and algae blooms. My tank right now is crystal clear no algae and the coral " rasta zoa" has grown a lot. Do you guys think that I got off the hook with the normal problems that normal tanks have?

OP
OP
John Bolden

John Bolden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my coral before and now.

Attachments

• 1622411393041.png
    1622411393041.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 53
  • 1622411506956.png
    1622411506956.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 41

jramy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok woo so glad as I had not heard from you in a while. Glad everyone is ok! Algae can be bad or not depending on lots of things. I know I skipped a lot cause I used live rock from my lfs and transported it in saltwater from the store too. im seeing some stuff now that kind of sucks, bubble algae. I got a sand sifting goby and he is cool but he has messed up my sandbed lol

OP
OP
John Bolden

John Bolden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I have no algae. Probable because of the vacation and the no lights :). It is getting alittle bit hard not having a ato or a light timer. But I'll just keep mowing lawns.

OP
OP
John Bolden

John Bolden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So there's these white things on my frag plug. Like thin little white hairs that have smaller hairs coming off of them.
1622751582120.png
There's like 20 of them there attached to it. It could be dead algae because I was on vacation and the lights were off.

jurgenph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So there's these white things on my frag plug. Like thin little white hairs that have smaller hairs coming off of them.
1622751582120.png
There's like 20 of them there attached to it. It could be dead algae because I was on vacation and the lights were off.

hard to see in the tiny picture.
but it sounds like some kind of hydroids.

i have never worried about those little guys. in my tank they have always disappeared over time. i'm sure something ate them.

as long as you're not dealing with the devils spawn colonial hydroids. i would not worry.

J.

jramy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1622751582120.png
cant quite see it and the picture cant enlarge so not sure

OP
OP
John Bolden

John Bolden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: I think I'm going to change the aqua scape up because there isn't as much room from corals as there could be and the way the rock is any corals on the sides or top shadow the other corals.

1623499593299.png
1623499671679.png
This is the side view of what I want. "Basically pilling it all at the back"

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw this thread. I started a Waterbox 20 cube a few weeks ago for my daughter in addition to having my own tank. Really like your aquascape. Is it just the picture or is your light only about an inch from your water surface? If so, I'd really recommend raising it's height for safety, light spread, and equipment longevity reasons. The instructions for your light probably have a recommended height. If not, 10 inches from water surface is pretty standard from what I've seen anyway.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 73 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back