Waterbox frag 175 build thread

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I think so ? Idk been a week tonight tho
I believe it is. Slowly NO2 and NO3 will raise and a water change after a couple of weeks can be helpful, when all ammonia is consumed.

OP
OP
quickreefer

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seeming the cycle is working good

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 44

SWFT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you do any water changes before you added fish? Just curious if you waited until all of the nitrites converted to nitrates before adding fish or if you did a water change.

Also, how much turbo 900 did you add? I have a waterbox 105.4 and wanted to gauge my cycle time to yours. Mine seems to be slower with algae barn cycle kit.

OP
OP
quickreefer

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my original salinity was 1.028 so I just did 5 gallon changes with ro instead of salt water to lower it so I guess ya kinda did like 12 gallons I’d say

OP
OP
quickreefer

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are a cool pair!
How did the parameters turn out after cycling?
Really good tested ammonia yesterday before adding the fish and it was 0 so I also added a few cheap corals cause I was already paying for shipping so haven’t really tested mag or calk should I ?

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really good tested ammonia yesterday before adding the fish and it was 0 so I also added a few cheap corals cause I was already paying for shipping so haven’t really tested mag or calk should I ?
You could test Mg and ALK to have a starting point.
But more important is to have a look at nitrates so they do not become too high.

OP
OP
quickreefer

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is going pretty good small battle with a little bit of algae but seeming to win the battle with frequent small water changes… I haven’t added much as I was going to India for 10 days and didn’t want to add anything before I left… just a clownfish and two small frags and clean up crew

OP
OP
quickreefer

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
recent shots

Attachments

• IMG_2967.jpeg
    IMG_2967.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2965.jpeg
    IMG_2965.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2966.jpeg
    IMG_2966.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2964.jpeg
    IMG_2964.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
quickreefer

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot for the life of me get the flow right and stop moving the sand everytime I adjust a new spot starts currently it’s in the back of the rock which I can tolerate but still blowing some sand powerheads are turned all the way down

OP
OP
quickreefer

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some presents yesterday… added some more cuc because my first order a lot of them died “due to weather” in my opinion bc of sellers inefficient packaging… anyways gave them a second chance bc they are cheaper and have free priority shipping on most decent sized packs so I placed my order and get an email stating that they are experiencing issues with priority mail and I would have to pay 44.99 for next day shipping if I wanted my order.. I paid it and sent an email saying it was very disingenuous to have the free shipping posted right at the top of their homepage and I was disappointed bc I was giving them a second chance… owner I’m assuming responds and said no worries we will ship it Monday …. I also got some corals yesterday from aqua sds sale last week… both came and arrived on the same truck… aqua sd packaging was spot on and they box was warm inside however clean up crew from other seller all bags were cold to the touch like very cold not frozen like last time but cold … so is it really the weather and priority mail ‍♂️ … their acclimation sheet stated that is usual for contents to bc cold and they will be fine but why take that chance

OP
OP
quickreefer

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have quite a few frags now so decided to use my test kits I had to give my right arm for… wondering if i need to start dosing
Ph 8.1
Alc 7.3
Calc 305
Salinity 1.023
Phosphates url .01

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back