OP
G

Gary777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An update on my return pump ... the Jecod DCS-1200 arrived today. You do have to modify it to get it to fit in the Peninsula 25. It has a forward facing screw threaded connector and you need to saw off a small piece of this. A few threads is enough. It’s very easy to do with a small hacksaw.

Anyway it’s pretty quiet and because it’s a DC pump you can alter the flow speed and it has a 10 minute feed mode button.

I hope it stays quiet. I’ve spent enough time reading about return pumps!

OP
OP
G

Gary777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While we are discussing the various Waterbox models what I did find interesting was how the next size up, the 35.2 AIO, does not give much more display area than the Cube 20 or Peninsula 25. This is because the filter area for the 35.2 is so much bigger.

termalene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I ask for what reasons you regret the 20 cube? I ask because I am undecided between the cube 20 and peninsula 25

Ultimately I think it comes down to the space you're putting the tank in. I just like the proportion better. As OP stated, the media chamber is smaller but for me that's ok as the display area is larger.

termalene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While we are discussing the various Waterbox models what I did find interesting was how the next size up, the 35.2 AIO, does not give much more display area than the Cube 20 or Peninsula 25. This is because the filter area for the 35.2 is so much bigger.

That's interesting! I didn't even realize there were two overflows for the AIO.

OP
OP
G

Gary777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the gang!

In terms of the noisy return pump, you might try a piece of silicone padding such as this:

Thank you.

The Jecod pump is working out so far. It's not silent but it doesn't vibrate like the Sicce or the stock pump so the sound is not annoying (to me anyway). The tank is right by my desk so I am always going to hear some noise. It's the best one I have tried, a shame that you actually have to cut a piece off of it to make it fit.

Jlmiller173

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which
Very similar history to myself, under gravel filters and tap water. Jumping back in was an eye opener. I had a similar experience with the return pump and wouldn't be able to tolerate the hum all day. The Tunze Silence worked for me and it's been keeping with its name.

Thanks for the tip on the media balls, may employ that as well. Good looking tank.
What tunze pump? The 1073.020?

OP
OP
G

Gary777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quick update. Everything going well so far. I added a cleaner shrimp a few days ago. I will be on the look out for a Royal Gramma at my LFS in the next few weeks.

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg
IMG_0811.jpg

OP
OP
G

Gary777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey what cabinet did you set it on?
It's an Aqua One aquarium cabinet called the Inspire 60. I don't know if it's available outside the UK. It just happens to be exactly the right size for the Peninsula 25 - 60cm x 40cm (24" x 16").

Poseidon's snail

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not saying you shouldn't go for the gramma - I'm just going to say my experience
Our clownfish killed the gramma and we found him lodged in a hole in a rock
but that's my experience
Happy reefing!
a snail

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back