Waterbox Peninsula Mini 25G

Reef Jockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still awaiting a response from Waterbox themselves, the driver just left it at my gate and I didn't get it for about an hour afterwards as I didn't know it was there, so it could be an awkward dispute with them...
Go after the courier company while your waiting. Best of luck!!!
Come At Me Kung Fu GIF by MOODMAN

OP
OP
downonthereef

downonthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp. The new tank has arrived! Broken. Again... Is it wrong to get a refund and I just use the two tanks to make one that works?

Attachments

• 20210825_131449.jpg
    20210825_131449.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 110

Frostblitz20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frustrating! They ship them from Amsterdam for delivery here in the UK, no surprise it's broken... Thanks for the tip. What do you do? Just get the syphon down there?
I drain from the back aio fully out as it will only lower the main tank down alittle. Most of the crud gets stuck in the filter sock and media chamber sadly as the filter sock holder does have gaps for large partials to bypass it I started to run a polish pad under the filter sock in the chamber to help this issue

OP
OP
downonthereef

downonthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drain from the back aio fully out as it will only lower the main tank down alittle. Most of the crud gets stuck in the filter sock and media chamber sadly as the filter sock holder does have gaps for large partials to bypass it I started to run a polish pad under the filter sock in the chamber to help this issue
Sounds good! I'm having crap luck with the delivery of this! It's arrived broken twice I had purchased the media basket for this model, so I can put some floss over the top of that.

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's boxed, corner protectors and little bits of styrofoam around the edges but that's about it

Maybe check with Waterbox if they have a reseller/distributer near you that they can work with so that you can pick up the replacement directly to minimize your risk. Or maybe third time will be a charm? :) Either way, sorry to hear of this.

Reef Jockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe check with Waterbox if they have a reseller/distributer near you that they can work with so that you can pick up the replacement directly to minimize your risk. Or maybe third time will be a charm? :) Either way, sorry to hear of this.
That's a great idea.. Sorry to hear about strike 2

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go acrylic. Clear fabrication inc. Here in seattle wa will ship you a beautiful fish tank.
Hths you. Sorry for your double fish tank loss...
On a side note. How come I can't find a reefer girl?!
Need a girl in my life. Lol.
Welcome to r2r.
D

OP
OP
downonthereef

downonthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... I may have butchered the silicone job! But the more the merrier am I right? Plus you won't even see it when the sand is down. Also just a quickie, when, if it is to leak, would it? Would the leak start straight away as soon as water is added? Or will it need the pressure of 90 litres to start a leak? Just asking as I don't mind cleaning up 5 litres of water but 90 is alot more

Attachments

• 20210826_210059.jpg
    20210826_210059.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 103

rishma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... I may have butchered the silicone job! But the more the merrier am I right? Plus you won't even see it when the sand is down. Also just a quickie, when, if it is to leak, would it? Would the leak start straight away as soon as water is added? Or will it need the pressure of 90 litres to start a leak? Just asking as I don't mind cleaning up 5 litres of water but 90 is alot more
Have been doing this 25 years, flooded rooms many times in many houses. I am now super paranoid and redundant on everything to prevent floods, plus leak alarms for good measure. I would not be brave enough to silicone my own tank. Seals can fail catastrophically long after the tank is up and running. I advise against it.

OP
OP
downonthereef

downonthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have been doing this 25 years, flooded rooms many times in many houses. I am now super paranoid and redundant on everything to prevent floods, plus leak alarms for good measure. I would not be brave enough to silicone my own tank. Seals can fail catastrophically long after the tank is up and running. I advise against it.
I
Took the tank outside to try a leak test, there's a small leak at the back, so for what it's worth, i'm going to buy a new tank.

FishRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I

Took the tank outside to try a leak test, there's a small leak at the back, so for what it's worth, i'm going to buy a new tank.
Sorry about the waterbox, it took three tries to get an intact one delivered to my place, I wanted to throw in the towel after the second one!

OP
OP
downonthereef

downonthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the waterbox, it took three tries to get an intact one delivered to my place, I wanted to throw in the towel after the second one!
I've had two already, got a refund and tried to fix up the least broken one, which involved swapping the bottom over from the other, but after a few hours of that and a leak test, i'm not going to risk it and have purchased another one for delivery Tuesday! Fingers crossed, that one arrives in one piece

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had two already, got a refund and tried to fix up the least broken one, which involved swapping the bottom over from the other, but after a few hours of that and a leak test, i'm not going to risk it and have purchased another one for delivery Tuesday! Fingers crossed, that one arrives in one piece
Shipping companies nowadays could care less about handling things. I hope the new one arrives in perfect condition.

Reef Jockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waterbox wouldn't send you another one? Would waterbox doublebox the next shipment?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back