Waterbox REEF LX 330.7 build

Setting my Reefmat in the first chamber this week. How’s that rearranged setup working for yours?
 
Setting my Reefmat in the first chamber this week. How’s that rearranged setup working for yours?
So it works, it’s just not the pretty setup I imagined, lol. Half the water seems to go to the roller mat, and the rest seems to go the traditional way and hit the turf scrubber first.
IMG_4611.jpeg
 
Update 4/20/24:
At the end of March, I installed a sulfur denitrator (sulfur reactor) as a last resort for nitrate control. This being a predator tank, my nitrates were always elevated in the 60s or 70s and nothing I was doing was able to reduce them long-term. I tried carbon dosing for a bit as well as adding a turf scrubber and nothing seemed to help lower them. Large water changes were a hassle and expensive on a tank this size and only worked for a few days before going right back up. That’s when I discovered this sulfur rector available on BRS:
IMG_4613.jpeg

IMG_4079.jpeg

It was easy to install and I attached it to an extra port off the return manifold.
IMG_4612.jpeg

After just a few weeks of running it, my nitrates have dropped SIGNIFICANTLY!
IMG_4609.png
IMG_4610.png

This thing is a beast and requires virtually 0 maintenance. All I did was add the sulfur and some calcium media in the beginning and let it run. I WILL need to make some adjustments shortly or else I will bottom out my nitrates (something I never thought I’d say).

**Now full disclosure, I also went fallow on 3/8/24 due to an ich outbreak following the addition of a new fish, so the tank has been fishless, foodless, and dark while still running the protein skimmer and roller in addition to the reactor.**

It’s almost time to return the fish to the display tank so I’m curious to see how the reactor will handle a “real” bioload. So far I am loving this reactor and would recommend it to anyone struggling with high nitrates.

More to come!
 
Any updates? I’m having a heck of a time getting my overflow quiet. It’s good for a few hours but then it just changes all of a sudden. The L2 pump is on constant mode so it shouldn’t be fluctuating.

How do you have your valves adjusted?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new