Waterbox salt Vs. Refsea salt

  • Thread starter Thread starter eqbal9947
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

eqbal9947

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2022
Messages
634
Reaction score
356
Location
Fort Mcmurray
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I was thinking of switching up to Waterbox salt, apparently it’s good for clarity and mixes faster.
for me it would also be cheaper by 30 CAD a bucket but I would get 160 gallons compared to red seas 175 gallons of mix.
Only thing was the DK of waterbox being 8 I know it’s higher than sea levels but seems low compared to redsea by a large margin.
What do guys think
 
Red Sea Red Sea Salt (blue bucket) typically yields a bit higher alkalinity - generally above 8.5 dKH. Red Sea Coral Pro Salt (black bucket) is even higher at around 10.5-11 dKH.
Yeah. I use the black bucket.
My question is if the Alk from like 11 compared to 8 is acceptable and would it stunt coral growth
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new