Waters Cade 1800 SPS dominated reef

Been trying to get a good pic of this deepwater acro for a while....hard to capture its' true colors but this is pretty close. The middle color is more green with the ends turning blue.

Enchinata.JPG
 
Been trying to get a good pic of this deepwater acro for a while....hard to capture its' true colors but this is pretty close. The middle color is more green with the ends turning blue.

Enchinata.JPG
Very nice!!
 
Nice build(s).. I just checked the whole thread :)
And hell yeah big shoutout to @Big E for all his help! Really a mentor for me!

Btw. how do you keep this tank so clean? I would love to deep clean my walls but I fear my foxface because this guy is already freaking out when I stick my hands in the tank to glue something.....
 
Nice build(s).. I just checked the whole thread :)
And hell yeah big shoutout to @Big E for all his help! Really a mentor for me!

Btw. how do you keep this tank so clean? I would love to deep clean my walls but I fear my foxface because this guy is already freaking out when I stick my hands in the tank to glue something.....
My Foxface follows me around also waiting for me to scrape algae lol. I use a couple of different approaches to keeping it clean. I have two MP40s that sit on the back glass on the bottom and blow everything up into the overflow (even when I feed I keep those two on which keeps all food suspended). I wipe the glass down weekly and clean all powerheads. In addition I have a few fish (Foxface and Coral Beauty) that help along with some urchins and snails.
 
WOW! They grew so quick!
 
Never thought I would have the problem of figuring out how to keep growth under control lol.
What are the alk and nutrient levels?
 
What are the alk and nutrient levels?
ALK is normally around 8.4 (although the last couple of weeks my dosing is having a hard time keeping it above 8. Phosphate sits around .08 and Nitrates around 7.
 
ALK is normally around 8.4 (although the last couple of weeks my dosing is having a hard time keeping it above 8. Phosphate sits around .08 and Nitrates around 7.
Thank you so much! You should compete in an acro growout competition!
 
Thank you so much! You should compete in an acro growout competition!
Unfortunately I have no more room to grow out lol. The last few weeks I have been trying to relocate acros that have been buried beneath the larger plating varieties just so they can get some light. When you are starting out a new SPS tank and you see those tiny frags with endless empty rock, you don't plan for their eventual growth as you stack them all within inches of each other :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
 
Haven't posted any updates in a while due to purchasing a new tank and turning my old SPS tank into a planted tank. Here is a sneak peek at the new Cade 1800 LPS tank :) Currently has 6 small colonies/frags (Glitterbomb Goni, Krypton Goni, Dragon's Soul Torch, Toxic Green Frammer, and Wintergreen Alveopora. Tank is going to strictly be Euphyllia and Gonis. Using existing equipment from last tank plus I added one Radion G6 Pro and a Tunze Wavebox which provides most of the water movement.

LPSTank.jpg
 
CURRENT TANK STARTS AT POST #33

Well since I have been a member here for 5 years, I figured it was time to do a build thread :) Since my current tank has been running for over a year, it will be more of a tank update thread since everything is already in place. I will keep this first post updated as things change (both livestock and equipment).

Tank
105 gallon Deep Sea Aquatics rimless
Bashsea SS-36 Signature sump

Water Flow
2 AI Nero 7s
2 Ecotech MP40s
Ecotech Vectra M1

Filtration
NYOS Quantum 120 skimmer
Aqua Ultraviolet 40 Watt UV
3 Bashsea 4-12 media reactors

Media
Rowaphos phosphate remover (when needed)
Rox 0.8 carbon (when needed)
Soda Lime

Dosing
2 part
AWCs throughout the week

Lighting
2 Ecotech Radion XR30 Pros Gen6
4 T5s (2 Coral+ and 2 Blue+)

Controller
Neptune Apex
Neptune Dos X2 (AWC and 2part)
Neptune DDR
Neptune ALD

Misc.
Finnex 300W heater
Tunze Osmolator 3155
Ecotech Reeflink

Stock list
Coral Beauty Angelfish (Centropyge bispinosa)
One spot Foxface (siganus unimaculatus)
2 Azure Damsels (Chrysiptera hemicyanea)
Black Storm Clownfish
Mocha Storm Clownfish
Flame Hawkfish ( Neocirrhites armatus)
Blue Throat Trigger - Male (Xanthichthys auromarginatus)

Shortspine Urchin
Astrea Snails
Turbo Snails

99% Acropora and Millepora.

Here are some equipment pictures.....sump sits in my fishroom/furnance room/extra refrigerator room behind the tank :) Please ignore my wife's glasses (I hope she doesn't see this thread) being used for my dosing containers.....DDR is in for repair.

IMG_2312.JPG
IMG_2313.JPG
IMG_2314.JPG
IMG_2315.JPG


IMG_1865.jpg IMG_2261.jpg Pic1.jpg Snapseed.jpg Snapseed2.jpg
that rockscape is awsome
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new