Wave Maker capacity

umutcancamci

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I just bought a Jebao ECP-50M wavemaker for my new 50-cube 150-liter tank. I really like the compactness and the size of the wavemaker but I doubt that it's on the weak side for my tank size. I'm planning to have LPS and zoas and because of this I need to have at least 3000 lt/hr flow in the tank according to my small research on the internet. What is your opinions? Do I need to change to 70M model or is this enough to move my water properly?

bjmartie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love those wave makers. I have a 100 for my 90 and its wayyyyy to strong. I got it turned down to 30% (lowest it will go). I do plan on upgrading my tank to something larger so I'm sticking with it. I feel like the 50 is good enough for what you got. If you ever plan on upgrading to something slightly larger though, might as well invest in the 70 and just turn it way down.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't get too caught up in the traditional "you need ...x flowrate" thing. Tank size and shape, and the aquascape size and shape all play a role. Try what you've got and, if you need more, add more. Once you get the tank going and get some coral in it, you'll notice areas of poor flow and downright dead spots. You can address those as you go.

AtlanticGail

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love those wave makers. I have a 100 for my 90 and its wayyyyy to strong. I got it turned down to 30% (lowest it will go). I do plan on upgrading my tank to something larger so I'm sticking with it. I feel like the 50 is good enough for what you got. If you ever plan on upgrading to something slightly larger though, might as well invest in the 70 and just turn it way down.
What size would you recommend for a 90 gallon?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back