Wave maker placement with big center overflow box.

N11morales

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2020
Messages
815
Reaction score
234
Location
Angleton
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As Title says I’m struggling to get enough flow towards the back corners of my tank due to it having a big center overflow box.

I turned my pumps up to get more flow but now it’s blasting my corals. I’m not sure what pumps should I get and where should I place them?
Don’t have anymore pictures as of right now.

Big rock with leather has been moved to another tank was blocking flow

But still having issues.

Currently have a Jebao slw-20 on one end
Other side is I believe a jebao scp 70? I believe. I have them offset but not helping much.

Scp on left and slw on right sides of the tank. I have moved them so many times to try and help but nothings working.

IMG_7231.jpeg IMG_7233.jpeg
 
Bit of a closer image to how far the box comes out
IMG_7251.jpeg
 
What about getting a couple neros and place midway up on the back glass? Or even a couple more slw-20s?

Maybe get them working anti-sync with each other too.
 
What about getting a couple neros and place midway up on the back glass? Or even a couple more slw-20s?

Maybe get them working anti-sync with each other too.
I switched to some gyre pumps and it worked out perfectly. Have them on anti sync. Flow a little strong in middle of the tank but it’s okay. No more dead spots.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new