Wave maker placement

Ds04384

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those with cubes, where do you believe is the best placement for your wave makers. I have a 93 that will be set up in a corner so I was going to put two in the tops of the outside walls making up the corner (probably six inches in and six down). Also thinking about putting at least one on the interior by the over flow mid way down or lower to prevent dead spots. Do you think this is sufficient? How many wave makers do you use to get the flow you want?

Mo-sachi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two RW-15 power heads in my 93g on my back wall facing forward. Maybe 8-9 inches down and 5 inches from L/R side panels. Seem to work out well, but I do have a semi-dead spot on my left-hand rear corner, which might be due to my aquascaping. It's not bad though, I stir up the sand in that area about once a week.. The cube tanks are pretty challenging for flow. My tank has a custom external bean animal style drain also.

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a cube and I have two powerheads on left and right panels all the way in the back behind rock work that take care of moving water from back to front then I have one on top/integrated into the rock work that blows back to front.
I like the back ones because they hit eachother and blow water from back to front.

OP
OP
Ds04384

Ds04384

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info everyone. I'm currently thinking of 4 total: two big ones on the top corners and two small ones on the bottom interior behind the rock work

Fence13

Over Thinker Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use one gyre 150 on the back panel to push everything forward. Seems to work out okay. I keep going between that and two PP-4's (on low settings) - one on each of the back panels, perpendicular to each other.

I can't find anything I'm happy with.

OP
OP
Ds04384

Ds04384

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use one gyre 150 on the back panel to push everything forward. Seems to work out okay. I keep going between that and two PP-4's (on low settings) - one on each of the back panels, perpendicular to each other.

I can't find anything I'm happy with.

What size tank is this on?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back