Wavemaker for waterbox 10

snakemau

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2021
Messages
172
Reaction score
116
Location
San Antonio
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
So I have a Cube 10, replaced the stock pump with a Sicce 1.0, and an VCA rfg. Now I had a hygger mini Wavemaker there but is way too much flow, the lowest setting is at 40% so around 640gph. I have a hydor koralia 425 but I see my clownfish staying behind it cause I guess is too much flow still. I have a voyager nano (240gph), would that be too low? Or do I even need one if my return pump is 251 GPG?
 
I like Tunze 6040s for little tanks. The lowest setting is >100gph or you can crank it up to 1100 for an occasional cyclone. It can make a nice standing wave in wave mode. Flow can easily be directed with the adjustable shroud and positioning of the pump. Or you can use it sans the shroud for extra wide yet gentle flow.
 
If you upgrade the return pump you shouldn't need a wave maker. Would save you some space as well. I'd recommend Nero 3 if you must because of the small footprint.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new