wavemaker/powerhead for 5 gallon

Hogdaddy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 8, 2019
Messages
101
Reaction score
99
Location
Biloxi
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions on a compact wavemaker or powerhead for a 5 gallon marineland portrait tank? Have noticed a few spots with little flow...
 
I have a ponicspump 40 GPH in my sump that's not too powerful. I put a 240 in a 10 gallon and pointed it up into the corner but it still seems like too much. Maybe like an 80 gph?
 
Any suggestions on a compact wavemaker or powerhead for a 5 gallon marineland portrait tank? Have noticed a few spots with little flow...

I'd like to know as well. I put a spinstream on my return in my pico but I would also like more flow in the other direction. right now Jebao sw-2 seems like the smallest controllable powerhead but it would still be way too much.
 
I just let it run 24/7. The powerhead pushed water from left to right and the hang on back filter flowed from the rear of the tank toward the front. Between the two of them, I got really good, random flow.
 
Maybe a Jebao SW2 would work,I think the minimum flow is 156ish gph.

I had a RW4 in a 2g (12x6x6) tank and anything past the 2-3 power setting it wanted to push water out of the tank.
 
Maybe a Jebao SW2 would work,I think the minimum flow is 156ish gph.

I had a RW4 in a 2g (12x6x6) tank and anything past the 2-3 power setting it wanted to push water out of the tank.

I tried a sw2 this week...even on lowest setting it was too much....my clown fish was killin it just to not get blown around.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new