WDKegge's Elos SPS paradise, Funk in the front, junk in the trunk.

WDKegge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats up everyone, it's that time of year again where I end up doing something drastic to my tank (Again) for no other reason than I am indecisive and have tank ADD. This time it's going above and beyond.

Previous build thread - https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/elos-70-upgrade.225277/

So spurred on by a big push to remodel my downstairs, and by my wife's dislike for "My tank crap all over her nice dining room" I have decided to move my tank to my downstairs.

Originally I was just planning to move the whole setup as is to the new spot:

Still lots of finishing work to do after installing 18 recessed leds
nNOJXUP.jpg

The spot:
JW0aFEN.jpg

This would have been fine, but being me I had to +1 it.

Located directly behind this wall is one of the closets in our guest bedroom:

q1qVHH9.jpg

Thus the gears began to turn resulting in this concept:

6pPrKjb.jpg

Spurred on by some early black Friday deals here in the past few days the parts are starting to come together. I have always wanted to have a frag tank plumed into my display, and with the room I have for sump and filtration I went with the biggest I could fit.

Equipment list:

Elos 70 tank and stand (Display)
Geissman Spectra T5/MH with reefbrites
60 gallon frag tank
Trigger systems Triton 44" sump
Kessil H380 to power the fuge
Skimz 1050 DC return pump
Apex classic
Various other equipment

The idea here is to move my display tank over to a full blown SPS paradise, only choice high end sticks will be going into the elos. The frag tank in the back will be housing nems and anything else I don't want to have in a sps display.

And that's it for now, parts should be flowing in here shortly, I plan on having the frag tank up and running before the elos gets moved into place, I will have all the plumbing through the wall already, so plugging in the elos should be fairly easy.

Thanks for looking, and follow along for the fun!

OP
OP
WDKegge

WDKegge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More goodies arriving! Will be getting the frag tank setup asap, then I will be able to move the elos display into place much easier.

a7Gv8LY.jpg

XrM3SoA.jpg

57rl4TE.jpg

Nbtacbj.jpg

2texSQd.jpg

Kessil H380 to power the fuge.

mL60i9D.jpg

tMkwjK4.jpg

flex13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know how you like the H380. Not sure to get H80. Fuge is about the same size. Fyi your diagram you have skimmer first ;)

OP
OP
WDKegge

WDKegge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know how you like the H380. Not sure to get H80. Fuge is about the same size. Fyi your diagram you have skimmer first ;)
It was just an early mock up on the design.

After looking at the charts and watching several reviews on the h380 from various people (Including the bulk reef supply spotlight on refugium lights with par numbers and everything) I went with the h380 over the h80 due to the fact that this will be my primary form of filtration.

flex13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You sold me with the primary form of filtration. It will be the same for me.
Thanks.

OP
OP
WDKegge

WDKegge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the Hvac supplies arrived earlier this week, I got a inline 440CFM exhaust fan and 50 feet of 6" ducting to play with, just trying to find an open weekend where I can drill several large holes in my walls.

Also West Mariculture Finished my custom aquascape for the Sps display, super happy with how it came out!

aMZuRDu.jpg

7ahNKJQ.jpg

The owner was awesome in helping me piece together what I wanted, I highly reccomend them.

http://westmariculture.com/store/

OP
OP
WDKegge

WDKegge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Venting system installed! Need to get my butt in gear and get this thing running!

Going to try and have plumbing on the frag tank and electrical wiring ran and get this thing wet!

OP
OP
WDKegge

WDKegge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquascape is here, I cannot recommend Westmariculture enough, great customer service, well packed, and exactly what I wanted!

Iz0GhCE.jpg

Can kind of get an idea of what it will look like.

Now if I can find the time to get everything else going with crazy holiday schedule.

Back