We’re going into the deep end now

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, that was the video! Just purchase live phytoplankton to dose and that will keep them fed. Every other order I get just phytoplankton and then every other I get pods and phytoplankton. We have 3 great sponsors on here that you can buy them from. Happy reefing!

OP
OP
L

litsoh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will a population eventually be able to thrive on its own or will I have to periodically dose phyto and additional pods?

ACW33

The Farmer’s Daughter
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will a population eventually be able to thrive on its own or will I have to periodically dose phyto and additional pods?
Honestly yes. I no longer does phyto very often, just when I add new pods. Once the phyto is gone I have a bad habit of forgetting to buy more until I buy more pods.

I haven’t put pods DT for a few months but I did take an old sponge filter from my DT in August to setup my very small QT tank with a little good bacteria. Now I have pods all over the glass in the QT tank. Without feeding them.

ACW33

The Farmer’s Daughter
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the will but if you are striving for a large population, for specific fish, you should dose. You could ask one of the vendors.
Agreed…if you have a fish depending on them, I would keep dosing.

OP
OP
L

litsoh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do eventually want to get a Mandarin, but that's a ways down the line. I figure that I'd may need a fuge to hold more pods but I'm hoping that I'd be able to get enough in my rockwork to be able to keep up with a single Mandarin.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back