Webcam help for streaming aquarium

Treebeard_48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All,

I am looking for recommendations from users who have webcams that have been successfully able to record/stream their aquarium. I currently have a webcam, Logitech C922x Pro Stream, however, the video keeps getting washed out by the blue light required for my coral.

I talked to my LFS and asked how they took such good pictures of their coral. They said they modify the white/blue balance, i think, to adjust for the blue light. However, it doesn't seem my Logitech allows me to do that.

Does anyone have a webcam that allows them to properly adjust the camera, know of a lens that could work, or maybe I'm missing something with my current webcam?

Any and all help appreciated. Thanks. :D

OP
OP
T

Treebeard_48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's all about the filters. Yellow and orange. Help counter act the blue lighting when the camera isnot in water
I know for standard cameras you can do that, but I couldn't find that option in the Logitech program for the webcam. Which webcam do you use?

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look for gel filters on amazon... basically just colored plastic sheets that you can cut and tape over the eye of the camera.

Yellow and orange are the most common used because it cuts the blue and makes things shine... but a light brown will sometimes give you a more true to eye effect.

EDIT:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 54 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.0%
Back