Weird Blue Tang

KeepSwimming12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isn’t really a big problem but just wanted to get a gauge of other peoples tang behaviours. I have a blue tang in a tank with 2 clowns and a Flame Hawkfish. He eats voraciously and is very friendly even if he is a bit shy. He constantly swims with the clownfish then swims with the Hawk like a little stalker. I wouldn’t be too bothered by it but they are starting to get rather annoyed by his lack of judgement regarding personal space lol. Anyone else have a weird tang?

OP
OP
KeepSwimming12

KeepSwimming12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Tomini Tang and he acts the same way. He thinks he is the boss of the tank but my wrasse usually puts him in his place if he goes too crazy lol.
I’m happy there’s no boss in my tank yet but I can definitely see my tang going in the same direction as your Tomini. Maybe I should get a sixline wrasse to teach him what personal space means lol

daftbeni

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m happy there’s no boss in my tank yet but I can definitely see my tang going in the same direction as your Tomini. Maybe I should get a sixline wrasse to teach him what personal space means
I don’t have much experience with wrasses but the one I have is a melanurus wrasse and he doesn’t like any sort of aggression from mr tango. He will zip across the tank if he notices him bullying another fish and starts flaring and circling the tang till he chills out lol

Sparkymarc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m happy there’s no boss in my tank yet but I can definitely see my tang going in the same direction as your Tomini. Maybe I should get a sixline wrasse to teach him what personal space means lol
Good luck! I’ve had mine for almost 4 years and still hasn’t learned. Lol. My tomini is the same. He usually bugs whoever the blue tang isn’t. Lol

OP
OP
KeepSwimming12

KeepSwimming12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have much experience with wrasses but the one I have is a melanurus wrasse and he doesn’t like any sort of aggression from mr tango. He will zip across the tank if he notices him bullying another fish and starts flaring and circling the tang till he chills out lol
Wow that would be quite amazing to watch in a way lol the tank policeman. My Flame Hawk is similar, he’ll swim like a madman between 2 fighting fish until they get to bothered by his flapping fins to continue.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KeepSwimming12

KeepSwimming12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck! I’ve had mine for almost 4 years and still hasn’t learned. Lol. My tomini is the same. He usually bugs whoever the blue tang isn’t. Lol
Lol such beautiful fish both the Tomini and Blue are but if I was a fish I’d be so annoyed by them and avoid them like the plague

Sparkymarc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Yeah, that’s pretty much the deal. Lol. Here’s a pic of mine bugging someone. Haha

Attachments

• AFA207D5-9293-4E8F-84D9-44E13DA4C5B8.jpeg
    AFA207D5-9293-4E8F-84D9-44E13DA4C5B8.jpeg
    211 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
KeepSwimming12

KeepSwimming12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Yeah, that’s pretty much the deal. Lol. Here’s a pic of mine bugging someone. Haha
Hahah it’s quite cute to watch in a way, especially yours being annoying to a yellow tang, just as big as him. Here’s a close up of mine being a creep as usual.

Attachments

• C4764F8F-4D0D-4BC6-9179-04DD5B1E2667.jpeg
    C4764F8F-4D0D-4BC6-9179-04DD5B1E2667.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 29

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 32 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back