Weird candy cane behavior

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had this candy cane coral for about 4 month now. It wasn't doing too well because I was dumb and put it in an area of way too much light and flow. A few weeks ago I moved it to a nice spot and it's doing so much better. However I notice this gray ring around all the heads and I havent seen feeder tenticles for a few weeks. I havent seen them during feeding time or at night time. They are doing well they are obviously growing and splitting so should I be concerned? Note: they arent open all the way because the lights just came on a half hour ago.

20190901_104726.jpg

Purplelobst92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks healthy, try checking them in the dead of night (like 2am) to see if the feeders are out, the coral might have just decided that it is content with its zooxanthellae food production.

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally wouldn’t worry they look ok the meat is what i look at for trumpet and candy canes

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally wouldn’t worry they look ok the meat is what i look at for trumpet and candy canes
They are very puffy so I'm happy. They just stopped opening their feeders when I put them in a bad location. They may be recovering from when they were going through a recession

Back