Weird red spot on my clownfish

Scarfoot

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
United states
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish developed this one week after moving to my tank. The tank was cycled for 3 weeks and the fish were introduced as the first and only fish in the tank along with a few astreas snails and hermit crabs. This is end of week 4. Any thoughts on what's happening? Should I be worried?https://www.reddit.com/r/ReefTank/s/odx4Jni9FV
 
My clownfish developed this one week after moving to my tank. The tank was cycled for 3 weeks and the fish were introduced as the first and only fish in the tank along with a few astreas snails and hermit crabs. This is end of week 4. Any thoughts on what's happening? Should I be worried?https://www.reddit.com/r/ReefTank/s/odx4Jni9FV
This clown is a victim of intimidation of aggression and other clown should be isolated for 10-14 days to see if this behavior continues hen returned to the tank
 
Thank you. I only have A 15g hello reef tank. Should I get a isolation box for the tank? Or if there is a better alternative.
 
Thank you. I only have A 15g hello reef tank. Should I get a isolation box for the tank? Or if there is a better alternative.
isolation box should be fine
 
My clownfish developed this one week after moving to my tank. The tank was cycled for 3 weeks and the fish were introduced as the first and only fish in the tank along with a few astreas snails and hermit crabs. This is end of week 4. Any thoughts on what's happening? Should I be worried?https://www.reddit.com/r/ReefTank/s/odx4Jni9FV

The tissue loss of the gill plate and rapid breathing indicates something severe is going on here. After isolation, I would also dose Neoplex or other broad spectrum, gram negative antibiotic.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new