Weirs or partition in sumps REALLY Necesarry?

OP
OP
J

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would silicone basket first in place, Thanks for the diagram My thinking exactly!

OP
OP
J

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides water + salt .... we can debate what is really necessary for a reef

I take these "is this necessary" questions as a sign of (I don't want to do much work and not spend a lot of money but want a showroom tank)

Ok Sir I Had multiple sumps over the Years IMO never worked after or if u wanted to change media reactors or skimmer size. FOR ur Info This is for my new FOWLR tank. Kept reefs for 25 years on going I Know what I am Thinking. LOts of money wasted on sumps especially if you are a TRUE Aquarist always will Upgrade or try something Different, Wish u well!

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Sir I Had multiple sumps over the Years IMO never worked after or if u wanted to change media reactors or skimmer size. FOR ur Info This is for my new FOWLR tank. Kept reefs for 25 years on going I Know what I am Thinking. LOts of money wasted on sumps especially if you are a TRUE Aquarist always will Upgrade or try something Different, Wish u well!
Why are you so easily offended? Just pointing out that lately is all these posts asking pretty much "how can I strip down this hobby to the absolute bare minimum?"

My answer is, "ok. Mix water and salt and put it in a container "

OP
OP
J

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides water + salt .... we can debate what is really necessary for a reef

I take these "is this necessary" questions as a sign of (I don't want to do much work and not spend a lot of money but want a showroom tank)

See my Reply

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks It is food safe buying from local supplier of Restuarants
Right on plenty of food safe plastics. Honestly most of them at wally world are food safe until you get in to office supply section. Even then some of them are probably because the figure people may use for food storage.

OP
OP
J

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on plenty of food safe plastics. Honestly most of them at wally world are food safe until you get in to office supply section. Even then some of them are probably because the figure people may use for food storage.
YES u are spot on used food containers from wally world and other plastics from there without issues for years.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm running 2x65 gallon heavy duty plastic sumps. No chambers or partitions. Just full of live rock, skimmers and a cpl algae turf scrubbers.
The only reason I'd section mine up is for dedicated fuge. Reason being for that would be RED lamp over spill. Otherwise everything seems to be working just fine.
20210403_191757_1.gif

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Notice the mist on top of water at night its like your sitting on beach and watching waves crash.
I dont have any micro bubbles in my tables and my reef seems to love the aeration:)

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would just need a single "baffle" to separate the return pump and ato.

I used a 33 long on my last tank with one baffle and it worked great.

Got a pre made sump with the current tank, and wish I had done DIY sump again

Back