Welcome all from Hong Kong to the Hong Kong Reef Club!

HenryL

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm a new reefer from Hong Kong :)
I'm starting my own tank and would like to have some feedbacks / advises.
Here's a link to my thread:

DmitriP

View Badges
Reaction score
I know there is a now defunct HK reef club that actually met up in person and had great tanks. I hope that there are more of you out there that hope to meet up, swap frags, talk and just have fun. We are a group that has a great following and welcome any reefers whether old or new. Posting one of my favourite tanks in Hong Kong courtesy of Aquatech

A06E8125-0584-4032-924D-F3E0FA9FDB63.jpeg

6C5F2E32-3802-47F0-8380-4F06413F9E1E.jpeg
Hi ScottR; I live in Hong Kong and am new to this forum - great idea to have one btw!
I am wondering if you know what happened to this Aquatech shop in Sheung Wan? I am looking to set up/reboot a new reef tank and used to shop there before, but looks like they've closed down recently. Pity as it was a nice little operation.

On a related note does anyone know where to buy copepods for the tank in Hong Kong? I went to take a look at Fish Street but no luck ... Thank you!

OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi ScottR; I live in Hong Kong and am new to this forum - great idea to have one btw!
I am wondering if you know what happened to this Aquatech shop in Sheung Wan? I am looking to set up/reboot a new reef tank and used to shop there before, but looks like they've closed down recently. Pity as it was a nice little operation.

On a related note does anyone know where to buy copepods for the tank in Hong Kong? I went to take a look at Fish Street but no luck ... Thank you!
He closed down and moved his office to wan chai. He now only services tanks. I have his number if you want to get in contact with him. He’s a nice guy.

Phi1

View Badges
Reaction score

Hi everyone! I'm from Hong Kong and is also new to the saltwater community (Was a freshwater scrub), great to see that there's actually a reef club here! Just got my 5 gallon nano reef set up for less than a month, so I'm sorry that I don't have any pics to post here (Will post some after I've got some corals in)

For copepods, I haven't seen any shop that sells them but luckily I've got some hitchhiked onto the live rocks that I bought from a second-floor shop called 新世界水族 (near the M+ hotel), so maybe you might need to test out your luck.

Once again I'm happy to meet you all, looking forward to talking SW with you all!

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm from Hong Kong and is also new to the saltwater community (Was a freshwater scrub), great to see that there's actually a reef club here! Just got my 5 gallon nano reef set up for less than a month, so I'm sorry that I don't have any pics to post here (Will post some after I've got some corals in)

For copepods, I haven't seen any shop that sells them but luckily I've got some hitchhiked onto the live rocks that I bought from a second-floor shop called 新世界水族 (near the M+ hotel), so maybe you might need to test out your luck.

Once again I'm happy to meet you all, looking forward to talking SW with you all!
Welcome to the club! @ylreefer ~ come say hi.
Unfortunately pods cants be purchased in HK. We have some guys in our local group that offer them up for free from their own tanks. But they hitchhike in on my live rock. Usually if you get chaeto, they’ll come in on that too but I guess it’s hard for a 5g nano.

ylreefer

View Badges
Reaction score

Hi dimitri and welcome to our HK reef club. Nice to have you on board . This is a rather new club and we are still growing as you can see with our what'sapp grou, hopefully we will get them all on here later so we can share and learn from the rest of the world to.

I do hope you find this ckud helpful, lots of nice chaps and ladies here. I fact one of our best tanks belongs to Mango who's in the group.

Looking forward to meeting everyone for a frag swap at some point. When were all allowed to gather again we are planning a bbq frag swap. Watch this space.

How do you run activated carbon on your reef tank?

• Reactor

Votes: 266 36.7%
  • Filter Sock

Votes: 30 4.1%
  • Mesh Bag

Votes: 324 44.7%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • I don't run Carbon

Votes: 93 12.8%

Online statistics

Members online