Welcome to Floridas discussion forum!

Cristy17

Sunshine Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
Helllllooooo....anybody out there??? Checking in from Bradenton..first time! No activity since Sept last year??? Where did everyone go? And no talk about the RVC Fragfest 2018 tomorrow in Sarasota??

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ran across this Thread ! Hello !Brian Jackson from Orange Park Fl

seastar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Brian..I just found this thread as well.no one around.Looks like it started really strong and then just stopped. Maybe we can gt it going again?
I tried getting it going last years so you know I'm all for it. :) St Johns Florida here right in-between Jax and St Augustine!

Cristy17

Sunshine Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried getting it going last years so you know I'm all for it. :) St Johns Florida here right in-between Jax and St Augustine!
Well I guess we need to think of a way to keep the group together. Its difficult to all meet since Florida is the size of a country of its own! Maybe if the members of this thread are divided into different parts of Florida? I don’t know, I guess that is what local reefing clubs are for. For what it’s worth, I am in Bradenton. Just arrived in Jan from Maryland, close to DC. Nice to meet you!

Last edited:

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tampa 813 here...

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey SeaStar we are not far apart. what shops do you visit? OPA is real close there are 2 on the eastside , the others are at the beach here.
Always looking for a new shop to visit !

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to get this going also.
So what happened at your place when Irma came thru last year?
I lost power for 4 days & nights. I have a good sized generator so I was safe. How about Ya'll ?

Cristy17

Sunshine Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to get this going also.
So what happened at your place when Irma came thru last year?
I lost power for 4 days & nights. I have a good sized generator so I was safe. How about Ya'll ?
Wow! 4 days..good thing you have a generator. I had actually arrived with all my tank animals 3 days before Irma hit. I had brought the generator as well because where the tank goes the generator does too! My brother and I drove 14 hours straight with no stops. That day we started hearing of Irma. My brother asked what are we going to do, stay or go back north? I said after all that, we are staying. So we put up the hurricane shutters and helped as many neighbors as we could. I purchased 33 gallons of gas for the generator and had it standing by. Once Irma did arrive, we lost the TV signal. That was it! So we were very fortunate! The tank was fine! I actually have a tank build ( I don’t know how to add it to my signature for threads). If you want to see it, the name is something like Going from 57 to 75 gallons, 1000 miles apart. I have to update it.

Last edited:

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll look for your build thanks. I don't how to link either.
My power went out but the wifi was working just hooked up the generator to the pc & hung out here & watched netflixs !

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how many floridians made it to the MCNA in Tampa this year?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 14 12.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back