OP
OP
ice fish

ice fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After the long wait over the summer my LFS owner called me up and told me there wholesaler had a regal in he wanted me to see. So after work i went in and he showed a video of the fish to me. The wholesaler has had the fish eating and its been there for a while due to the small nip at its dorsal fin which is now almost all healed so they are letting him go a lot cheaper. After seeing the video and the fish as well as the price....I pulled the trigger. Hopefully my red sea regal experience topped with a already eating fish at the wholesaler will give me a bit more luck! Will be getting it thursday and of course ill be taking pics :)

Fishnut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to hear your getting back on track after that rough summer of fish loses. Many would have thrown in the towel. Can't wait to see photos.

OP
OP
ice fish

ice fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to hear your getting back on track after that rough summer of fish loses. Many would have thrown in the towel. Can't wait to see photos.
Oh i was very close. But luckily i have family thats supportive of the hobby so it makes it easier to pick myself back up. This summer has been very slow with the tank due to other hobbies and just everything slows in the summer. This will be my big purchase for most of the winter as long as everything goes well with it. Fingers crossed!

OP
OP
ice fish

ice fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20181004_165433.jpg
20181004_165431.jpg

Well here is the new baby. Boy it's bigger then i was thinking. Lips are a little red and saw a few fluke like specs on it so dosed some prazi right away in the tank. The thing is a massive haus! Very girthy. Turned the lights off in QT due to it trying to fight its own reflection. Going to try and feed it tomorrow

OP
OP
ice fish

ice fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little bit of a update. Today's feeding he ate some of the LRS reef frenzy i fed it. Very excited and happy to see. He was not very aggressive in eating but he did take down a few pieces. I have a brine shrimp hatchery kit coming within the week and will continue to offer a variety of foods to get it really eating.

Fishnut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try mixing some small pellets in with the LRS. Let it soak up some of the juices and feed with the LRS. This has always worked for me. Both of my Regals now enjoy pellets more than fresh frozen foods, but I do feed both types everyday. Continued success.

OP
OP
ice fish

ice fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did get some of the small hikari S? pellets i think so i will try that next. I also have some selcon but it didnt like that on the food the first time i fed. I wanna get it eating a bit more before attempting putting more in the food. Thanks!

OP
OP
ice fish

ice fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried the pellets in with the LRS today and seemed to eat a little bit more then yesterday? At least in my mind. So heres hoping it continues to get more and more hungry

OP
OP
ice fish

ice fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little bit of a update again. So most of the small fluke looking bits on him that he had is gone, his red lip bump is almost completely gone and he is eating like a total pig! I switched from hikari mysis to PE per my LFS recommendation and he's been gobbling it up like thanksgiving dinner. Love's the LRS and PE. Not fond of the brine shrimp i feed so that might go away. I started to now soak his food in selcon and he's still taking it without hesitation. Just bought a second veggie clip for QT and some Two little fishes purple seaweed to start working on training him on sheets. I'm nothing but excited and happy this guy is doing so well

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 44 28.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back