OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some folks here can be more specific, and especially the mods. but that takes away from truly "earning" them. all you'll see are members min-maxing their badge count for the flair, rather for what they're actually for.
Right they arent for style they are too show that you have helped people into the forum and welcomed them.

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral addiction is a serious issue. I was complaining that one of mine was stinging another one. With the tiniest of visible stingers. And wife got real mad cause she had her hair cut several days ago and I didn’t notice. She cut like literally 2 feet of hair off. So yeah
lol same thing happened to me once with my sister a few years ago.
But the smallest change on one in hundreds of corals and I notice it right away :grinning-face-with-sweat: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

ShakeyGizzard

RedNeck Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some folks here can be more specific, and especially the mods. but that takes away from truly "earning" them. all you'll see are members min-maxing their badge count for the flair, rather for what they're actually for.
jennifer aniston flair GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've moderated forums in the past, and for the most part it can be either. depends how rev has it setup. it should be automatic to help reduce the need to track, or divert "man-power" elsewhere. but, it can also be done manually in the event its caught early enough :).

i'd let any of the mods or tenured members confirm, though.
Out of curiosity, how does one get upgraded from valuable member to 2500 club member, and how does one get a quote under their name? Same with an orange username?

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Out of curiosity, how does one get upgraded from valuable member to 2500 club member, and how does one get a quote under their name? Same with an orange username?
"2500 club memeber" is likely referenced to how many posts you have. i'm in the "5k club" which means i have posted 5k times(now nearing 8k)

orange colored name is likely for supporting members, and the quote is for supporting members also and above(mods, partners, sponsors, etc)

some more info here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/become-a-supporting-member-of-reef2reef.68905/ (or click image below)

1706732599336.png

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its all about leveling up on here and badges. :face-with-tears-of-joy: :upside-down-face:
I just like to participate. The badges just happen after a while. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
But they are definitely not an indicator of status.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reply@troylee Dang thats crazy. People report and say this is worthy of whatever award? Lol.
Pretty much… I used to be a mod on here many years ago and I don’t remember the protocol but I was very active with the community so I saw a lot and could do it myself.. the team today is involved in other things and don’t spend much time chatting it up with you guys as they keep it rolling behind the scenes.. I talked to mod the other day cause I wanted to nominate someone for a hospitality award as he’s very active and point on with helping people.. his response was report a post and say hey! Blah blah then we can keep a eye on them and base our decision on it accordingly.. the site is much larger today then when I was behind the scenes so I know the work they’re putting in is very time consuming.

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much… I used to be a mod on here many years ago and I don’t remember the protocol but I was very active with the community so I saw a lot and could do it myself.. the team today is involved in other things and don’t spend much time chatting it up with you guys as they keep it rolling behind the scenes.. I talked to mod the other day cause I wanted to nominate someone for a hospitality award as he’s very active and point on with helping people.. his response was report a post and say hey! Blah blah then we can keep a eye on them and base our decision on it accordingly.. the site is much larger today then when I was behind the scenes so I know the work they’re putting in is very time consuming.
Sounds cool! Hopefully I will get noticed someday! Although Hello threads are becoming hard to come by. I helped Rev a while back with the unanswered threads page...

William Chiavetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are profile bumps automatic? For instance someone goes from a new member to a active member automatically or does a staff member usually do it? Mainly because I got bumped to a Well-Known Member and didn't even know until now lol.
27 messages away from "valuable member"

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 72 44.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 46.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.7%
Back