Well, this is what these things do.

Battlecorals

Vivat imitator!
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2009
Messages
8,836
Reaction score
20,931
Location
Wisconsin
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
"Just ok, to cool" under whites, but "Raving Banshee Nightingale-glo Supremo!" under blues, is pretty much status quo for cool tenuis'/tenui these days. I don't know, what it is the plural form of Tenuis? Anyway. Still not sure how I really feel about this.

Take the BC Rainbow-melon for example.

IMG_1003.jpg


IMG_1000.jpg


IMG_1006-Edit.jpg
 
Nice! This one looks great under whites too I think. IME people are drawn to Tenuis even under whites due to the crazy polyp extension. I only run heavy blues at night where these types really shine and even still people gravitate towards the Tenuis under whites over other acros. There's just something about the way they move in the current (for a stick that is) :).
 
Is it wrong I prefer the pic on the top? I love, love, love the blue looks, but this tenuis looks better under the whites for me vs blue. You lose that subtle color shift as you move up towards the tips where it becomes teal.
 
Is it wrong I prefer the pic on the top? I love, love, love the blue looks, but this tenuis looks better under the whites for me vs blue. You lose that subtle color shift as you move up towards the tips where it becomes teal.

The heavy blue lighting is the top pic.
 
"Just ok, to cool" under whites, but "Raving Banshee Nightingale-glo Supremo!" under blues, is pretty much status quo for cool tenuis'/tenui these days. I don't know, what it is the plural form of Tenuis? Anyway. Still not sure how I really feel about this.

Take the BC Rainbow-melon for example.

IMG_1003.jpg


IMG_1000.jpg


IMG_1006-Edit.jpg

Great looking coral, great pic, I really appreciate you taking the time to photo your corals in different lights!

giphy.gif
 
"Just ok, to cool" under whites, but "Raving Banshee Nightingale-glo Supremo!" under blues, is pretty much status quo for cool tenuis'/tenui these days. I don't know, what it is the plural form of Tenuis? Anyway. Still not sure how I really feel about this.

Take the BC Rainbow-melon for example.

IMG_1003.jpg


IMG_1000.jpg


IMG_1006-Edit.jpg
That is AMAZING!!
 
Beautiful piece !!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new