Went down the rabbit hole last night...

new2theshow

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
33
Location
Hamilton Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was watching YouTube vids about clownfish and reef tanks all night last night and have decided I want to start a reef tank and hope to gain knowledge from the community. I will be starting in the summer so any tips/info resources would be appreciated. I know I want my first fish pair to be a pair of clownfish.
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
I was watching YouTube vids about clownfish and reef tanks all night last night and have decided I want to start a reef tank and hope to gain knowledge from the community. I will be starting in the summer so any tips/info resources would be appreciated. I know I want my first fish pair to be a pair of clownfish.
Do you know your budget?
 
Hello & Welcome! I love my Clowns but you need to be careful what fish you put with them. We like to add the aggressive fish last so they don’t already have claimed the territory
IMG_1906.jpeg
 
Last edited:
If it’s a for sure.
Get a brute garbage bucket and start your rock cycling. Once per month, change half the water.
In 6 months, you’ll have some great rock with diverse populations of bacteria, and this will make your start both fast, (no cycle waiting) and much much easier.

Rock and sand…..the backbone of a great bio filter.

Welcome to R2R!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new